Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I used to be a "morning" person. Came with needing to be up to get chores done, kids fed, lunches made, off to the bus....and a 45 min drive to work. Since that's not on my list anymore, neither is 5am alarm😂 for a norm.

Coffee time is over, feeding done, 2nd load of wash in machine, will hang first in a few. Backhoe onto tractor and ready for me to giddy up! Once groundhog tunnels handled, I'll get the bush hog back on and ride. 👍😊 weather is great today.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
DH doesn't know I'm a morning person because I've had severe fatigue for 13 out of the 13 years we've lived together :gig

i've never been a morning person, but some times i've been able to fake it long enough until i wake up. lights are on but nobody is really home...

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yellow pine, pretty steady growth until the last 15 or so years 🤔 anyways got 50 foot of logs, free is free.
IMG_20230903_180539128~2.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Yellow pine, pretty steady growth until the last 15 or so years 🤔 anyways got 50 foot of logs, free is free.
View attachment 24493

they have about 1200-1300 years of tree rings from out west in the USoA. the scientists studying them say that the last few decades have been the driest period in that whole series. that would match up roughly with what you say about the last 15 years or so... being further east i wouldn't expect them to line up perfectly anyways...

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thank you for mentioning me! I’ve been missing the community and just logged in this morning. Looking forward to catching up a bit.
God bless y’all.
Nice to have you back with us! I just made coffee, help yourself to a cup!

Got my two little granddaughters yesterday, for the week. Gonna make cupcakes and have a birthday party today for youngest and 2 other girls in the neighborhood. We’ll make cupcakes. The 16 year old is taking college classes and stayed home to study. She will graduate high school in the spring at 16, start college in the fall, in her second year of college, at 17.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Impressive 16 yr old! College will be a breeze for her.🥰

Coffee & breakfast -- complete! Need to get out there for my tractor therapy while temps are agreeable. I'll be inside after lunch, when it's too hot out! 😂 Then a little prep for rest of week -- working at least tomorrow and Wed....Thur? But, off after that and hope the predicted rain isn't a 3-dayer. 🤞🤔 just rain and go -- don't be soggy on me!

Latest posts