Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Allergic to celery? That is a new one for me!

Well... at least you aren't missing much!

But yes, it is probably snuck into a bunch of foods as a seasoning???? So difficult to avoid?

Not allergic. Apparently many people can only tolerate a limited amount of celery. I don't know if it's a missing enzyme or if it's similar to the onion intolerance people have

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Here's what I read....

Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar for Chickens:
Reduce intestinal and fecal odor.
Apple Cider Vinegar is thought to support animals digestive system by providing probiotics (also known as “good bacteria”)
Helps break down minerals and fats.
Assists the animal to assimilate protein.

I don't because my guys free range....drink from everywhere. In winter, I offer it in warm water. But mine also gets clabbered milk, about once a week, which provide probiotics -- excess goat milk ☺️ and soaked/fermented grains as a treat. All work similar results. I keep oregano oil handy for adding if any look "off". During molt, I feed a little more protein...goat cheese, lentils, cooked dry beans, chopped peanuts, etc, maybe every other day I set a pan out. Speeds molt.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Not allergic. Apparently many people can only tolerate a limited amount of celery. I don't know if it's a missing enzyme or if it's similar to the onion intolerance people have
I don't have enough room here to list the foods my wife negatively reacts to. Celery is definitely one. Genetics can be cruel

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good-Morning-Wednesday-Wallpaper-GIF.gif

images4.jpg

All you need for a cup of morning potion magical brew is right next to the coffee pot so grab a cup and enjoy the patio before it gets too hot.
FH had to go out of town with his employer for a couple days this week then next week he's gone all week long

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee. On my second cup. Then I’ll do chores, got to set a bale of hay for the sheep. Then taking granddaughters to the Lufkin zoo.

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have heard that if you give ACV you shouldn't do it continuously... that it can mess with mineral absorption???

:idunno

I have never bothered giving it to my poultry.
It has helped my birds out a lot. But vinegar eats away at calcium, so if they get too much it can take too much calcium from them. Once a week or more doesn’t hurt. I usually only do it when they need an extra boost or seem a little off/little sick.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
All you need for a cup of morning potion magical brew is right next to the coffee pot so grab a cup and enjoy the patio before it gets too hot.

thank you! right now i'm feeling like a cup of hot chocolate. we have the AC on to get the house cool enough and also to get rid of some of this high humidity so it's rather cold in here right now. a bit of hot chocolate will fit the bill. :)

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Parent's house has been downgraded to level 1. Fire is contained. The firefighters bulldozed 100 ft clear area at the burned edges of the fire yesterday. Then started the groundworkers to work inward to put out hot spots.

All the extra help from out of area left this morning. Just a few more local firefighters watching for any flare ups left out there.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
well well it's most definitely wacky wednesday again.

steers got out of the finishing yard to sample neighbors bean field. Took 3 of us a good 1/2 hour to get them back into the finishing yard and into the pasture. they can cover some ground now, phew ...

Then daisy decided to deliver a bull calf. Cute little guy about 60 - 70 lbs.

Daisy is my favorite of all the cattle, she's also the smallest of our herd. I was most concerned about her because she's the smallest, but she delivered her first calf all by herself unassisted 👍 So daisy is no longer a heifer she's now a cow and a momma moo too.

bad sweaty lense picture of momma moo and black belted galloway baby bull calf moo. I'll get a better one later.
Screenshot_20230906-101812.png

Farmbabe is out to get a roll of barb wire to fix the finishing yard and pick up bovine colostrum and a bottle for baby moo just in case.
Hope you have a blessed wacky wednesday 👍

Latest posts