Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
5d8d742938edf44af6453d62f09f99e6.jpg

It's all by the coffee pot so brew a cup or pour a glass then let's sit on the patio and enjoy day break as the sun rises.
@packy you're having trouble with the auto repair and insurance but my less than a year old fridge decided to stop working yesterday and THEY CAN'T COME OUT UNTIL SEPT 26th TO LOOK AT IT :mad::barnie:he:duc:rant:somad:hit. It's a good thing I have an upright freezer for the frozen food and a small dorm fridge for some of the fridge items especially FH med.
received_241486451787732.jpeg

Last night's dinner- prepackaged pizza and SMOKED Chicken wings!!!!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wow...a WEEK wait for refer repair!?!?! That's bad! You're lucky with having small frig. Ice & coolers can be messy. But, pretend you're camping 😁 😍

It's daylight, lovely cool temps -- although a moist feel to air. Left windows open for the cooling and AC cool is drier. I'll get used to it. Heavy dew out there. Seems we're having a wind/rain event all along the VA/Carolinas coast on Fri & Sat. 🙄 plan ahead.

Gonna refill my cuppa and plan my day. 👍

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
7405a19a0ce44902b1a8bddbef7473ec (1).jpg
Good Wednesday Morning,
It was dry yesterday up until 3pm, and we got very hard winds, red flag warnings and it rain a little around 7pm. This morning its 48 out and the rain has returned :love I worked outside all day getting weeds and brush cut . Got another jar of kraut going and fresh kombucha. Later after everything dries off I'll uncover the tomatoes & get some more clean up outside done for a few hours. I weeded one of the lavender beds and want to get the other one done.
I am dialing us back on our diet due to less work outside, no more bread baking, no biscuits, potatoes once a week, homemade pasta once a month or even less,
no deserts[not that we have much, still no] Fall and winter we have to keep moving and stay busy.
Have a great morning and great coffee time,:caf
sun rise is 6:56 now, only 12 hours of daylight [but the sun peeks pot at 6:20am] Chickens have been going to bed at 7:ish 7:20

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yeah, less daylight...fewer eggs and molt! 😖 but I use few eggs so :idunno I don't cut out starches for winter. Nope. More oven meals -- house heating -- so biscuits & stuff keep going on. Yeah, desserts.😁

Of course, I have more livestock to run after and still a part-time job. Plenty of activity here! :lol:

The shorter days are annoying, simply due to less light.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The rain started around 11pm yesterday for us. Light drizzle outside. The actual rains look like they are finally returning next week.

I need to get straw down in the chicken runs still but my shoulder won't let me.

I also need to cut down a bunch of blackberries and pile them to dry out a little. October 15th is coming soon and I can start burning them.

Latest posts