Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
55dbdea1cf4e844939476ecf2576db34.jpg

Coffee is on and the rest is by the coffee pot so fix a cup or a glass of Iced coffee then let's enjoy the patio in the 59 morning air. It's too early to fix FH lunch so here I sit in front of the :caf drinking a cup of ☕catching up on the news for today.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee! I slept later than I wanted to this morning. Going to the feed store an hour away. Good to see you @Messybun i hope you hear from your boyfriend soon.
My Daddy was in the navy for all of WW2, was not allowed to tell family where he was. Of course his mom worried about him. He sent her a man’s tie with a hula girl on it. She was puzzling over why would he send her a man’s tie, with a hula girl on it no less. His cousin finally got it and exclaimed, “ I know where he is! He’s in Hawaii!!”

Loose lips sink ships.

With today’s technology, that saying no longer applies.

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee! I slept later than I wanted to this morning. Going to the feed store an hour away. Good to see you @Messybun i hope you hear from your boyfriend soon.
My Daddy was in the navy for all of WW2, was not allowed to tell family where he was. Of course his mom worried about him. He sent her a man’s tie with a hula girl on it. She was puzzling over why would he send her a man’s tie, with a hula girl on it no less. His cousin finally got it and exclaimed, “ I know where he is! He’s in Hawaii!!”

Loose lips sink ships.

With today’s technology, that saying no longer applies.
Good to see you too! At least you got some rest.
Clever.
Unfortunately people have no clue about that saying🤣 growing up it was deeply instilled in us kids that we don’t talk about where our dad was when he was deployed. Never said a word, and taught others to keep their mouths shut about their dads too. And that was less than 2 decades ago.

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
6f4e80ca030adc0854142ce849b701ea.jpg

It's ready to be brewed so fix a cup or pour a glass of HOMEMADE Iced Coffee then let's meet on the patio to greet the day in the 58 morning air.
Last night for dinner FH and I had dry rubbed GRILLED pork chops with STEAMED Asparagus and carrots. Tonight's dinner is going to be beef kielbasa (cut into thin rounds and browned a little) mixed with angel hair pasta (just trying to use up the pasta we have in pantry), broccoli florets and white cheese sauce. Dinner will be between 5-6pm if anyone wants to show!
Speaking of FH he got called back into work last night to go sweep abound 1 1/2 hours after he got home from working all day and he has to work again today as far as I know. I haven't heard from him since he went back in and I'm kinda worried seeing how it's NOT like him to not be in contact with me.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Usual morning -- coffee, chores and I'm leaving for working in a few. Just half a day, then home for some farm work.👍🤞

Looking around the living room I see trays of leaves "everywhere". Might need a rake. I have things drying for later salves. Comfrey, plantain, beauty berry, mullein, etc., plus seeds from corn, tomatoes, peppers. Weekend project to bag, crush & oil, etc. In a month, some will become useful. Winter projects.;)

I have some volunteer samplers to tell me if/ how well these work. May be a one time effort or? Something I've wanted to experiment with for a while.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
On the last of the coffee. Still lounging around, lazy. Got a spot shower last night, another a little while ago and a storm coming in tonight. Need the rain! I got a leaky tire on the truck, been plugged twice. Not ready for new tires, gonna take truck in and have tire fixed again. Today might be a good day for that. I’m not real motivated for much of anything today.

Latest posts