Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Me too @Messybun.

Daddy was in the AF (before that, the Army Air Corp) while us kids were growing up. When he went to Vietnam for 18 months, we didn't talk about it. We lived in Sacramento, and altho there were three air bases there, it was not popular to be a Vietnam War supporter.

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
6f4e80ca030adc0854142ce849b701ea.jpg

It's ready to be brewed so fix a cup or pour a glass of HOMEMADE Iced Coffee then let's meet on the patio to greet the day in the 58 morning air.
Last night for dinner FH and I had dry rubbed GRILLED pork chops with STEAMED Asparagus and carrots. Tonight's dinner is going to be beef kielbasa (cut into thin rounds and browned a little) mixed with angel hair pasta (just trying to use up the pasta we have in pantry), broccoli florets and white cheese sauce. Dinner will be between 5-6pm if anyone wants to show!
Speaking of FH he got called back into work last night to go sweep abound 1 1/2 hours after he got home from working all day and he has to work again today as far as I know. I haven't heard from him since he went back in and I'm kinda worried seeing how it's NOT like him to not be in contact with me.
Praying for y’all.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Two of the three bull calves are changing color. I'm unsure if the two will turn red or dun or both, but they are most definitely changing from black.

Pic taken yesterday. Bessey's bull calf born black with white band. 4 weeks and 3 days later. He's not so black anymore 🤷‍♂️
Screenshot_20231003-235256.png

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
On the last of the coffee. Still lounging around, lazy. Got a spot shower last night, another a little while ago and a storm coming in tonight. Need the rain! I got a leaky tire on the truck, been plugged twice. Not ready for new tires, gonna take truck in and have tire fixed again. Today might be a good day for that. I’m not real motivated for much of anything today.
Have them put a tube in it..

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My family is fighting off a cold. IDK if DH finally got the one that has been lingering for a month or if he brought something new home.

sadly, it's the covid variants on top of the usual post being back to school stuff that circulates each year. a cousin who's an ER physician says it's coming back. dunno how bad this round will be but hope it's not as bad as before... i should send them some *hugs*.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
:caf. Up early! Planning today & next few....here we are in Oct and winter ahead in short order. Time to review things and prep. I'm always concerned with cold, possible snow. It's usually mild here but, when it does hit, it's hard! I have some repair work at one barn & the chicken coop. Clean outs in sheds, dump to garden. Get ready to get & store hay. Don'tcha wonder how things get so out of place ?? :lol: yep. More time putting away all summer would help!

There! Confessions are mine -- I need to do better.

Waiting for daylight. Guess another cup will help. I could get dishwasher going while I'm in there for my refill. Then, get the instapot filled to cook while I'm at work. Probably make some toast, too. Wanna use the last of this loaf. I'll make another tonight.

Better get to it...I hope to be off to work kinda early today, it will be a "sorta, kinda, maybe" long day. 🤣🤔

Latest posts