Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Like seeing the bull's "breath" in the picture...
Just for you

Screenshot_20240115_154949_Gallery.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Cold... 24 up to 29... light misty fine snow since before daylight... probably got 2 inches out there now, but it was coming down a little harder so might wind up with 4 ??? Still no wind, thank you VERY MUCH....

Vet check done, couple of opens that were expected, couple of open heifers that were not expected and DS is p.o.ed... like it was my fault. Sometimes his attitude is a bit much. He had to leave work to come help, and then left and vet and I finished up... could have been worse... most are preg 5-7 months so due in Mar-May which is good. He had been at work since 4 a.m. due to being the supervisor in charge there at VDOT... snow had started and then they had the contractor crews coming in at noon due to the cold temps and the roads freezing. The only "boss above him" is off due to having a pacemaker put in... so DS is pulling 12 and 16 hour days in this crappy weather. There will be crews out all night. He will go home and get some sleep and then go back in for another 10-12 hr day tomorrow I guess.
I got the one group of cows moved across the driveway back into the field... and the other cows moved back into the front lot since he was not going to be able to move them back to the other pasture... he was supposed to be off work for MLK day but "weather" controls VDOT road workers this time of year.

Oh well, it is winter....

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
The thing about it... I put that gate on high ground :rolleyes:. IDK... I just work around here.

i don't know if you've driven a tractor through that gate and area or not, but generally it doesn't take much animal traffic or a few trips with a tractor to make even a bit of low area even if it overall is a higher area.