Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Few more days of cold here. Unbelievable that the forecast for next Tues-Wed is 40! In January!!
We have those temps here in Jan. I can deal summer heat way better than winter cold. It's why I live in this area :lol: yahoo.
I hear the word lineman I hum the Glen Campbell song
Me too. Love his music & have several tapes.

We're above freezing, so water is holding well without heaters 👍. Tonight going into mid teens, so I'll be breaking ice in the morning...unless I plug in heaters :idunno. I'll see how I feel about the bill 😂. Suspect I'll plug up late day for overnight. More convenient for me -- even the $ is with it sometimes.:old

CLSranch

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We have those temps here in Jan. I can deal summer heat way better than winter cold. It's why I live in this area :lol: yahoo.
Although I'm south of you, I was looking forward to spending the winter in VA last time I was there. Southern part of the state not to high an elevation and I think the winter may have been better there. Also the $$$ on that one would've been my best.
Going to warm up here wed & thur. Had a sensor for the 7.3l that would help it start below 50 showing up today. It left the post office this morning and went the wrong direction. I already took the other one out yesterday (not easy) and can't leave it out since it's above/in a high pressure oil reservoir but I don't have to take it anywhere today.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

Me too. Love his music & have several tapes.

We're above freezing, so water is holding well without heaters 👍. Tonight going into mid teens, so I'll be breaking ice in the morning...unless I plug in heaters :idunno. I'll see how I feel about the bill 😂. Suspect I'll plug up late day for overnight. More convenient for me -- even the $ is with it sometimes.:old
I view a stock tank heater as critical here during the winter.

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Iam sorry he was that way,, He will get over it,, I am sure he knows this is just how it is with the job he has this time... of year, We all have had 16+hour work days, I pulled a 24hour one once when 3 of the night crew were sick and I threw grocery load all night.
We moms forgive fast dont we, but here are times -after they are cooled down and like 3 weeks later- I have pulled one of mine aside and had a "conversation" about I realize_____blablabla, but when you do _____ blablabla you crush my heart, and more mom blablabla :old

I hope all the cows do well and meat on the hoof is a blessing, Iam not sure what open means but I hope it is a good thing.
:love:hugs:love
Sorry, open means not bred... NOT GOOD....

Thanks for the post.... I've done alot of the long days and can get a little short too... but this is not just stress from work... it is a bad constant with him... he is not like this with most everyone else... it is glaringly apparent when he shows a totally different attitude to others... he has some bad habits from living with his father, and is just like him with being constantly critical of people he should be much more accepting and understanding and supportive of... I get tired of being the verbal "punching bag" ... it was the same with his father... that is one of the reasons I got divorced... mental and emotional abuse, and berating constantly....

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Sorry, open means not bred... NOT GOOD....

open for business...

Thanks for the post.... I've done alot of the long days and can get a little short too... but this is not just stress from work... it is a bad constant with him... he is not like this with most everyone else... it is glaringly apparent when he shows a totally different attitude to others... he has some bad habits from living with his father, and is just like him with being constantly critical of people he should be much more accepting and understanding and supportive of... I get tired of being the verbal "punching bag" ... it was the same with his father... that is one of the reasons I got divorced... mental and emotional abuse, and berating constantly....

wow :(

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
This is tongue in cheek....
"OH but don't you know, I have 4 wheel drive or All wheel drive, and, and, and....." you watch the commercials for these vehicles and then they think they are bullet proof... and practically able to fly regardless of the roads.... the anti slip, anti lock, anti whatever, differential and all that fancy CRAP..... I actually have little or no sympathy for most of the ones that wind off over the bank and down in the ditch anymore... Unless you have to go to the hospital, in emergency heart failure... there is NO REASON to not go slower out there...

I grew up in the northeast... took my driving test in 6 inches of snow and still snowing...50+ years ago... in a big old ford country squire station wagon... no fancy 4x4 or front wheel or all wheel drive... driving instructor asked my mother if she was crazy bringing me in for the test... and she looked right at him...and said, so that means she should only be able to drive on dry roads... we have snow in the winter...she has been driving in it... so he copped an attitude took me out, there was little or no traffic...and made me do a 3 pt turn and then parallel park... I was 3 inches from the curb I couldn't really see except that on the UNPLOWED city road the snow on the curb was higher than the road surface... and my parents taught me to USE THE SIDE MIRRORS while driving...so he said that was enough, went back to the office. Got my permit (license) and then as we left they put the "closing early due to the snow" sign up and they closed the DMV.... I think he was scared to go out in the snow with an "inexperienced driver"... not realizing even then, my parents believed in lots of road time with the learners permit so that you had a good "feel" for driving....

I won't drive on the interstate in the snow if I can help it... until they get them cleared... because of too many going to da@#ed fast....People are idiots on the road... 80 is NOT a speed to drive on the interstate.... and doubly NOT what you drive in the snow..... I have 2 awd subarus, and a 2wd drive ranger pickup that is not real good in the snow... the old farm 4wd is still at the mechanics shop... the explorer is 4wd but I do not like driving it and it is for sale since they got the in dash screen working (3.95 fuse and $150 diagnostic test since it didn't show up on the the little plug in computer thing:barnie:he)... It's too nice a vehicle for me to beat it up around the cows.... 54,000 ORIGINAL miles... 2012.... my elderly parents vehicle bought from their estate.... like new inside... few little nicks on outside... no accidents... just not my type vehicle...

@flowerbug , sadly we do not want the "open for business" results when they had been with a bull for several months and should have been bred and ready to calve in this coming spring... especially the heifers.... the 3 opens are in very good body condition and no reason for them to be open... NONE.... got a couple with calves on them, and not carrying as much body condition that are bred back for 2nd calves in the spring... that would not have surprised me if they were open... they had their first calves a little young... not expecting that, they got caught by a bull and calved before 2 yrs old... so they got held back and will calve again at 3 .... got an extra 5 months to grow before getting bred back... they will always be a little smaller, stunted maybe a bit... but they will get back on track and they have good genes, so will do fine. Raising some nice calves considering they were younger than they should have been...