Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

CLSranch

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have 2 awd subarus, and a 2wd drive ranger pickup that is not real good in the snow... the old farm 4wd is still at the mechanics shop...
I wanted a Subaru just for awd. Mostly when I lived next to the river. The forrester is long enough to hold fishing poles, light enough not to get stuck in small muddy spots and a big enough hatch for feed. I took it to a job in West KS one winter and was pulling 1 ton trucks out of the snow with it after driving around them. My brother took my dually (his was down) and we didn't even try to use it in the snow/ice. Played with the forrester a little on the vacant roads it's hard to make it spin/slide if it has decent tires. Not at 80 and nobody around, I :love:love the forrester's. I also used it yesterday and had to try to make it spin checking to see how it would do/how bad the roads are, before the wife needs it to go to town.

1 down fall, too much feed is really hard on the tires with 4" rocks used to fix the roads. The first couple of sets didn't last long out here.
I also learned how to drive in 2wd, often going around friends with 4x4s to pull them out. No need for the crazy interstate or any busy road driving like it's a nice summer day.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Winter day 6. Ice bucket seeing some canine traffic.
Screenshot_20240117_194307_Gallery.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Happy Thursday!
Last night I fixed Pork Roast (cooked all day on low in crockpot), HOMEMADE Mashed Potatoes and Green Beans (French Cut). I'm still trying to figure out what to have tonight but all I know is FH is going to have LOTS of bowls with leftovers seeing how he has to go back out for SNOW DUTY tonight, got THE CALL last night that VDot was calling for 6 trucks and he has to be at the shop by 1AM and not even sure when he'll be home if it will be later in the day on Friday or sometime Sat. I can say it's hard on me when he has to go for SNOW DUTY, the SNOW DUTY $$$$ is good and he LOVES "playing" in the snow but at least I'm not like some of his co-workers partners and demand he travel BLACK ICE roads to come home (the person 22 yrs old actually threw a temper tantrum that a 2 yr old whose favorite toy is in the wash would and told the co-worker that if HE didn't come home she would get in the car and go get him from the shop). Yup, I wanted to get a hold of her and tell her like it is. FH did agree with me that IT TAKES A SPECIAL KIND OF WOMAN TO BE A CDL DRIVERS and A VERY UNDERSTANDING LOVING SNOW PLOW LADY.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@Country homesteader ... FH job is what it is. There are thousands of families that meet unplanned and inconvenient schedules every day. Accept it or change jobs. Wives or hubs, doesn't matter. 🤷. Those youngsters need to go to work themselves. Pass that along to the gal. :old 😁

Sun is out, warming nicely. Chores to do. :frow