Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Good morning everyone! :celebrate it's only 27 out BUT it's last below freeze temp for another week...so it's a celebration 🎉💥🎉. Little things are appreciated. 😁

Of course, the warmer temps couldn't just wander in alone -- nope, bringing rains along in a day or so. Ok, ok, it's not wanted but, at least it isn't frozen. 🤣👍 I'll just sip on this 2nd cup of coffee, while I wait for daylight, and ponder my day of warmer weather. Even a week of warmer 😁

@Hinotori -- beautiful pic of Mt Rainier.

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
1706010067727.jpeg

Well, we ALL made it through Miserable Monday blues!!! :lol::clap:celebrate and got 17 hours and 15 minutes (if my quick estimate on time is correct) before it's HUMP DAY (1/2way thru the week)
There's about a cup remaining in my pot seeing how I'm about to go on my 3rd cup.
@Mini Horses it's 32-33 here right now but once daylight breaks it's suppose to warm up good but yes beginning tomorrow until Friday it's suppose to rain which I'm really NOT looking forward to but it is what it is.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
59F here, high of 67F. We are getting the rain that I’m so grateful we didn’t get last week in the FREEZE. Neighbor just texted he dumped 4 1/2” out of the rain gauge. We are in a strip where the rain will be 4 to 6” through Thursday morning. We have met our goal of 4” now onward to 6” and possibly above that!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Our odd warm temps are here! Highs upper 30s and low 40s. Absolutely unexpected for January. Bizarre!

DH switched back to propane furnace. This is an expensive heating season! I'm spoiled from the wood furnace too. 69 degrees feels cold now!
Good to have the LP/Wood heating option though 👍

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Current Temperature is 47, this is absolutely wonderful👍 Even with rain it's absolutely wonderful 👍 I had a look at the radar it looks like our weather is originating just a little south of Flatonia and Schulenburg Texas. It's in a line headed right towards us❤️

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I’m getting hammered with rain. Dumped 5” out of rain gauge at 8:13 AM. It rained some more, cleared off until 4 PM, then the bottom fell out again. I need a boat.

IMG_5808.jpeg

IMG_5820.jpeg

IMG_5822.jpeg

Pond is FINALLY full and overflowing.

IMG_5830.jpeg

The road is flooded in front of my property, flooded around the bend in the road and flooded in several places between my house and the paved road. And it’s STILL raining.

IMG_5817.jpeg

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
medium

1/2way through the week ALREADY :celebrate:weee. Here it is 3:50AM, I'm already on my 2nd cup and in front of the :caf doing my weekly and daily check in on my wonderful thoughtful SS friends. It is 45 and cloudy here right now but yes feels so much better than last week just wish the temps and weather would stay like this but of course it's "predicted" that we're going to have lots of SNOW during Feb which begins end of next week.
Now instead of having cake/cupcakes for the wedding FH wants to do a DESSERT BAR with an assortment of goodies which I'm all for. We just have to decide on the flavors and so forth. I know we have to do a "tasting" here soon but getting him to actually sit down and LISTEN and help decide on flavors is waiting on him to say "okay we are going to go with .......". He keeps telling me I shouldn't suggest to the Bride Tribe they need to get their dresses now seeing how the wedding is 4 1/5 months away still they can wait for a couple of months to get them where I say get them now so if alternations need to be done or they need to be sent back there is still time. He also doesn't think that him being in ALL IVORY is different than TEAM GROOM in khaki (pants, vests, jacket, Ivory shirt and either Sage (or Wisteria) Suspenders plus Bolo Tie. FH is going to have a different boutonniere than the rest of his side also!