Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i just saw a mosquito on the outside of my patio door window... i killed one last week inside the house. yikes! this is February! those aren't supposed to be out until May or June! we have had some recent frosts so i'm surprised the one outside was able to survive through those.

in more positive news, i heard the mourning dove this morning up on the roof. we've missed hearing them... nice to have them back. they're such lovely birdies.

Finnie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
i just saw a mosquito on the outside of my patio door window... i killed one last week inside the house. yikes! this is February! those aren't supposed to be out until May or June! we have had some recent frosts so i'm surprised the one outside was able to survive through those.

in more positive news, i heard the mourning dove this morning up on the roof. we've missed hearing them... nice to have them back. they're such lovely birdies.
Yesterday when I was doing chores, there was a poor desperate honey bee looking for something to eat in my bucket of chicken feed. Too soon for those to wake up. There are no flowers in bloom now.

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
You'll people way down low!

My place earlier this week.

Guess what... no mosquitoes.

20240203_100959.jpg

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Cold front on its way through, still in the 50s, but rain predicted later. Kittehs have full bellies, first cup of coffee going down. The girls are crashed in the family room with me.

Had my annual work review yesterday, went great. Closing in on 3 years here.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yesterday I seen a red wasp and pretty sure I got bit by a mosquito. Last night I heard crickets chirping outside and put this little bullfrog outside that was in the garage.
Screenshot_20240209_234454_Gallery.jpg

I also checked the fruit trees, they are still dormant, no bud swells but the length of daylight hours plays a factor with fruit trees breaking dormancy. There is a little noticable bud swelling on the maple trees. Also kentucky bluegrass is starting to green in the yard and pastures.

Edit... and I just pulled this little deer tick off my shoulder.
Screenshot_20240210_092428_Gallery.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

Last edited:

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have some grasses sprouting, dandelions and such. Spring is coming :celebrate

@CrealCritter are you planning a big garden this year? I always like to see your pics and the great production you get. :old

Home grown, natural methods, no chemicals & then preserved without preservatives -- only way to stay healthy!! Our foods are so tainted now, compared to "old ways" -- it's truly killing people. 😔

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have some grasses sprouting, dandelions and such. Spring is coming :celebrate

@CrealCritter are you planning a big garden this year? I always like to see your pics and the great production you get. :old

Home grown, natural methods, no chemicals & then preserved without preservatives -- only way to stay healthy!! Our foods are so tainted now, compared to "old ways" -- it's truly killing people. 😔

Garden yes of course, we garden every year 😀

As for the second part of your reply. The changes we have made of how we now live and eat, could be written into a book.

Stay awake, do your own research, discover truths, draw your own conclusions.

Guineas on pest control 😀
Screenshot_20240210_104249_Gallery.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️