Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
No snow but CHILLY.... 26 this morning... winds have been real cold... severe fire danger with the gusty winds here... several small "ish" fires... 10-20 acres... one 80 acres is now 100% contained 30 miles north. Want to burn my brush pile but NOT HAPPENING until we get some real rain coming.... can't burn before 4 p.m. anyway... our air currents change after 4 and usually winds lay down for the night. But NOT this week...
List to work on of things to do...
For 4th winter (Sunday evening, yesterday and this morning) The coat, hat and gloves came out of the closet

Also granddaughters played with tank for hours yesterday. I think they may have loved him all up. Here’s a picture after they left. What you think, is he's smiling in his sleep?
Screenshot_20240319_100954_Gallery.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

CLSranch

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
After doing feeders last week, I talked to the manager of one of the ranches. Somebody had lit a fire on the south side, east and west of one of the ranches that's about 5-7k acres with 25+ south winds forecast with larger gust the rest of the day, overnight and into the next morning. They are also next to many other large open pastures. They were not going to burn this year because it hasn't been that long since the last and they sprayed all the pastures last year. The last part didn't help my bee's.
Fortunately they got them put out. I don't know how much actually got burned.

A few days later there were many prescribed burns but lighting up in the middle of miles of open country on a windy day? Who the, what the????

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
After doing feeders last week, I talked to the manager of one of the ranches. Somebody had lit a fire on the south side, east and west of one of the ranches that's about 5-7k acres with 25+ south winds forecast with larger gust the rest of the day, overnight and into the next morning. They are also next to many other large open pastures. They were not going to burn this year because it hasn't been that long since the last and they sprayed all the pastures last year. The last part didn't help my bee's.
Fortunately they got them put out. I don't know how much actually got burned.

A few days later there were many prescribed burns but lighting up in the middle of miles of open country on a windy day? Who the, what the????

In all honesty... fire is something I don't play with. Its all too easy for it to get away from you.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well... WAY too early for us to have spring..... berms along the highways are still higher than my car... BUT, the road was mostly clear of snow and ice.... AND ...

THERE WAS ROAD CONSTRUCTION!!!!!!

So... it must be spring, right? :idunno
What do you have planned to bust up cabin fever on the first nice day?

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Winds!! Warm but 20 mph steady.....not going to bush hog & till in that.🥴😳 I'll go to job work instead, trade with tomorrow. It'll be cooler but, no wind & still sunshine! 👍

Gotta do before weekend, heavy rains coming. 🤐😞

So, slept in and get a late start BUT it's ok. 😁

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
It is so windy here today... the forecast was for today to be the worst... it seems to be, but it has been windy the last 3 days.... Chilly with temps up to 64... It is warmer today but wind actually makes it feel colder than yesterday... and that was chilly at 50.....
Rain Friday/Sat is looking like 1/2 to 2 inches possible... Hope I will be able to get this brush pile in the garden burned then.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I ran him a full tub of water and took off his collar. He smelled the water, stepped back, got a running start and jumped plum over the side of the tub into the water. then he stated swimming around. He made a huge water mess for me to mop up in the bathroom. When I let the water out of the tub and got him towel dried best I could, he had a major case of "the zoomies" as FB says. Here he is laying on my chest after zoomieing himself tired.
Screenshot_20240319_203701_Gallery.jpg

Yep... he's a water dog alright, he ♥️ the water. Get a look at his huge webbed paw. The whole ordeal would have made quite the video :lol:

Last edited:

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Been a busy week! Took granddaughters to meet their parents Saturday. Monday went to visit friends in northeast Texas, 3 hour drive, came back Tuesday night. Wednesday went to feed store for the meat chickens and grocery store for me. Yesterday it was rainy so I cooked chicken, packaged it for future meals and froze it. Made a big pot of stew, put most of it in the freezer and made a lemon chess pie. It rained some more last night, it ought to be good and slushy outside. Gonna get a propane delivery today, my yearly 75 gallons. Today I’ll work on taxes so I can get that chore done. Not fond of paperwork!