Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Chickens didn't move in today. I got side tracked cutting down a very old crepe myrtle to use for perches. There was a lot of dead in there. But should come back with new growth from what has to be massive roots.

After I cut it down to about 6 inches above the ground. I grabbed a couple long pieces and cut out crotches for perches. I got a couple up in the coop. Then FB said she wanted to use her electric chainsaw to cut the rest of the crepe myrtle into firewood, so I helped her. It was a good day to run the chainsaw, sunny but nice and cool outside 😎

Anyways tank had so much wood to chew up he's plum tuckered out. He'll be 14 weeks old tomorrow, pups grow fast don't they?
Screenshot_20240421_200930_Gallery.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

Last edited:

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Frost? Now you can triumphantly say " glad I didn't put tomato plants out" 😂😂. Ahhh, it'll stop soon.

We are chilly & damp here but ok. Just light jacket weather. Garden watered again, with soft rains, not a lot👍. But still not planted. 🙄😕. Maybe THIS weekend coming.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I caught them and handed them to FB out the barn window. She walked them to the coop, one at a time. It's nice to have all the laying aged chickens together in one place. Still have 5 gray ones that are not egg laying age yet in the barn. But they are getting 50 CCX to keep them company this week.

Hopefully the nest boxes work out. 35 lb hanging feeder should be here this week.
Screenshot_20240422_203557_Gallery.jpg

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good Morning ALL!
Last week I gave a bad update and this week I'm proud to say I was given good news yesterday- my bouquet, FH boutonniere, stand in Father of the Bride boutonniere, stand in Mother of the Bride wristlet is ALL going to be made from FRESH FLOWERS for FREE plus Best Man, FH Sister (if she's well enough to travel) wristlet and the toss bouquet are all going to be made from silk flowers for FREE. 53 days to go and yes I'm feeling ALOT of different emotions and trying to keep my sanity at same time but I guess it helps that I have a support system that will give advice when needed and I can throw ideas at them.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@CrealCritter you might want to put the young pullets in the coop with the others before they get territorial. Wait too long and the older hens will beat up the younger ones.

Tank is such a good dog. Labradors are so versatile. I knew you were going to fall in love with him.
I dreamt about those gray chickens, then you say this :lol:.

Tank whines when I leave him with FB. It's odd too because when he's out of sight (rarely) I go looking for him. I usually find him in the dark bathroom. He must be wondering what happened to his pond.
Screenshot_20240423_092414_Gallery.jpg

Starlings arrived today 👍

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Burned some of the cottonwood I'd cut down today and a bunch of old stuff from last year. Plus the 2 very old wooden houses the silkies slept in. No paint and I'll collect the screws and nails from the ash. They burn clean.

Air was pretty still and we don't always get that this time of year. My arson permit drops dead on May 15th.

Latest posts