Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Natural defenses -- one, burn used, dry coffee grounds for the smoke/smell...good for porch, picnics, etc. Two -- beauty berry leaves. They contain a substance equal to deet...crush & rub on skin or wear a sprig. Farmers used to crush leaves on a sprig, then attach to harnesses to keep the animals protected when working. 👍 It works. I have a lot growing here. Pretty when it fruits, too.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
can also try tea tree oil put on the bottom of the pants cuff to keep crawlies from coming up your pantz, same for sleeve ends.

i always have tea tree oil on hand anyways (i use it for athletes foot prevention after my showers or if i get my feet wet).

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oral surgeon for hubby today. He has bad teeth and we've been trying to save them. He had to have some removed back last fall. They built up and waited for good bone density. He had 3 implants put in today. Insurance is tapped out with 2. He was trying to wait until January for the front one that the root canal fell out of but the partial denture to keep the spacing has been giving him problems. Luckily no real bills at moment. Those suckers are expensive.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Screenshot_20240511_003502_Gallery.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The lights were visible even in Texas, but was too cloudy for me to see them last night. Not fair!
On second cup of coffee. Thinking I’ll let the ewes and lambs graze the yard today. Have to get a roll of wire to block off the pasture, from pen to gate, to the yard. So modifications needed to make it happen.