Screenshot_20240527_010652_Gallery.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The severe weather line split just before getting here last night and the gap passed over us. One or two claps of thunder, just a good soaking rain.

Memorial Day events this morning, more storms in the forecast
FB spent time in the basement yesterday evening. I mainly watched from the front porch. Was a wild evening to say the least. I have more branches to clean up. Today partly cloudy, light breeze and cooler. Would be a good day to work the garden, but it's too wet to get in there.

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
IDK... trying to learn about grazing grasses. Of you know of a single source for learning about pasture grasses please point me to it.

View attachment 26378

Orchard grass
View attachment 26379

Thanks

Been too long... so much I can't remember...

But... First, you need to understand what you are looking at. The main parts of a grass plant.

This page goes over parts pretty well

Most important parts:
1. Learn the descriptions of the inflorescence.
2. Pay attention to where the leaf blade breaks off from the stem. This is where the ligules and auricles are. Those vary greatly from one grass to the next, and are nice and distinctive. IF you have good eyesite. I had a metal pocket magnifying glass.

And.. I had a dichotomous key. Lovely thing. I have been googling, since I was sure that in this modern age there would now be an online one. I could find ones by state... but I am not sure what state you are in.

Anyway... I would ask at your local extension office for a dichotomous key. Or maybe there is an online one for your region.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We had very pleasant thunder storms roll through early this morning at just finishing up about noon.

Yesterday tank :rolleyes:saw Wendy doing her daily walk and he wanted to go see her, so I let him. It was her first time seeing Wendy, she fell in love with him. Tank is quite the character, that's for sure...

We ended up at the neighbors, tank loves their children, especially their youngest boy. Which I believe their boy is tank's favorite human.

While at the neighbors, tank found a water hole around their silos and decided it was good for swimming. My neighbor hung his head and said that water is nasty. I said he likes water, the nastier the better. My neighbor said well that water is nasty. He wasn't joking either.

Phew wee... tank stunk and stunk bad, but he loved it. I pre washed him twice with the garden hose, then he got a proper bath with palm olive orginal green. He didn't want to get out of the bath tub. Tank likes water that much, having never raised a lab before this whole loving water business is all new to me.

Thank Almighty, tank doesn't stink this morning, the stink just about gave me the gag reflex 😅

he's not discovered the joy of rolling in dead fish yet?

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Tank thought about the mud puddle by the barn this morning. But I was quicker than he was with a verbal NO! and the button. He changed his mind and I got him interested in fetching a stick instead. We are learning the training collar together. It's like an invisible leash, and an amazing product in my mind. Both the dog and the dogs' owner need to be trained to use it. I probably should dump some dirt in that puddle. It ain't like we have a shortage of dirt around here :rolleyes:

Last edited: