Cold and flu remedies?

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Thanks, everyone! I'm getting some great tips here. The cold's turned into a raging sigh-nis infection :he Yay me... But the cold remedies should help take the pain off anyway!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So sorry you are still feeling poorly! Infection would probably respond well to antibiotics - maybe it's time to see a doctor?

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Homemade Chicken Soup. We make Chicken Stew every time we start to sniffle, it has Franks Red Hot sauce in it to give it a little kick.
Plenty of rest

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Vicks Vapo-Rub.

A: The active ingredients in Vicks VapoRub are camphor (a cough suppressant and topical analgesic), eucalyptus oil (a cough suppressant) and menthol (a cough suppressant and topical analgesic). The inactive ingredients in Vicks VapoRub include cedarleaf oil, nutmeg oil, petrolatum, thymol and turpentine oil.

Rub on your chest and sinuses, being careful not to get near your eyes. Lie down, the fumes can make your eyes water. I use this at night, because I am laying flat and my eyes are closed. LOL You can rub on your chest during the day and be ok. This stuff works. It is not popular as opposed to taking a trendy pill advertised on TV.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I love, love, love my Vicks. I will rub it on at night too...put on one of DH's old, soft, thin worn out t-shirts' and lay a heating pad on top of that. Nothing better!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Thanks @baymule! I'll rub some on my chest tonight. I just remembered something a friend told me she does, puts it on the soles of her feet. I guess it won't hurt to try?

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
So sorry you are still feeling poorly! Infection would probably respond well to antibiotics - maybe it's time to see a doctor?
I used to take antibiotics for these and most of them didn't help me at all. I just ride them out as best I can now. It's just my luck that a simple cold went and turned into this now. Can't do things halfway, me lol

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My mom swore by vic's vapor rub. I get a cough or sneeze and she would insist on Vic's vapor rub. I had so much Vic's vapor rub as a kid I can still smell it even now. So I can't stand it now... but your right it's pretty good stuff along with a few shots of Kentucky rock gut wiskey and a good night's sleep helps a lot. Also if you have it there in Ireland fisherman's friend for a sore throat and cough is good. It's some wicked stuff though, expecially if you put one in each cheek (don't say I didn't warn you).
download.jpeg

Last edited: