Colorado near Denver - where can i be self-sufficient?

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Would it be easier and cheaper to get a super fuel efficient vehicle? I know that doesn't help the time aspect, but you can get an old VW Golf or something similar for under $3,000. I just think trying to sell your current place in this economy would be a tough one.

MyKidLuvsGreenEgz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
If I had $3,000, I'd definitely get a better car. The one I have now keeps stalling. Not good living out in the country. I've cancelled just about every appointment we have until Fall since my car especially hates hot weather. And wet weather. And cold weather.

Frustrating.

gypsybum48

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Aurora does not allow any animals except normal household domestic ones...cats, dogs, snakes

MyKidLuvsGreenEgz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Gypsy: thanks for your input. I decided to stay where we are, about 45 min south of Aurora.

Just a thought: quail and rabbits are two types of "domestic/household" pets that you can get away with. Both provide meat (and quail, eggs) for a minimum amount of space and noise. Quail can get a little chatty and the boys make a beautiful call, but a little soundproofing in the room should help. Both also provide good feed-to-meat ratios, with very little turnover time for a fresh batch of edibles, and shouldn't be a huge mess to slaughter.

We've done both.

Just my 2 cents.