Colowyo - grudgingly settling in :P

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
How old is the trailer? You may need to have an electrician check the wiring in the whole house, not just those breakers. Sometimes the wiring in the older trailers is just not up to par.

Hopefully things get fixed soon! :hugs

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
lorihadams said:
How old is the trailer? You may need to have an electrician check the wiring in the whole house, not just those breakers. Sometimes the wiring in the older trailers is just not up to par.

I think I would insist to the landlord that all the electric be inspected, after your experience. Thank God you were not hurt! That could have been really bad.......fire or electrocution. VERY valid points to be upset about. It seems like there should be some sort of legal authority you can call about this, it cannot be legal to rent out an unsafe house. If the house is unfit for habitation due to safety issues, wouldn't that help you legally get out of the lease? I'm not familiar with law but it seems like it should.

colowyo0809

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
savingdogs said:
lorihadams said:

I think I would insist to the landlord that all the electric be inspected, after your experience. Thank God you were not hurt! That could have been really bad.......fire or electrocution. VERY valid points to be upset about. It seems like there should be some sort of legal authority you can call about this, it cannot be legal to rent out an unsafe house. If the house is unfit for habitation due to safety issues, wouldn't that help you legally get out of the lease? I'm not familiar with law but it seems like it should.
Good news! So I had the hunky maintenance guy here yesterday to check out the plumbing and the dryer thing. The plumbing ( I noticed when I got up yesterday morning) is fine. It stopped acting up sometime during the night and by time he got here there wasn't an issue. He even went so far as to pull the pipe out of the ground under the house when he was checking everything and there was no blockage. He said that this same issue cropped up when the previous tenants were here and they could never find a problem and it would just go away :rolleyes: *Interesting side note - the previous tenants, the ones who had to be evicted? The guy was the hunky maintenance mans cousin!

He checked the dryer, ran it for a little bit empty, and couldn't determine an issue. Gave me the on call cell number and told me to call him if it started acting up, even if it was 3 am. So, I ran a load of shirts and towels through the wash, and then tossed in dryer. Guess who got a phone call shortly afterwards? They called in an electrician for this morning. Electrician came in, and discovered that the main problem isn't the circuit panel (although they really need to change it from a 220 to a 240) but the outlet the dryer is plugged into. One of the posts inside was broken so he had to replace the outlet. We've been drying fools ever since :) Yay! We no longer just have expensive overly large paperweights! :woot :woot

I realize I've been doing alot of complaining lately, and not paying attention to other people. So, on Friday I plan on taking some time to look through everyones journals and such that I am actually subscribed to and catch up on the last couple weeks of peoples lives :)

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Glad you are settling in and that you're getting a quick response when you call about problems (too bad you're having them, but at least they are fixing them!)

colowyo0809

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
SSDreamin said:
Gotta love prompt service wrapped in a good looking package :lol:
:D although the good looking package is filling his lungs with cancer but, what can you do? :hu he's still pretty to look at on the outside :D :bun

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Nothin' wrong with a little eye candy....;)

I'm glad they figured out the problem and it was an easy fix....that could have been a nightmare waiting to happen! Now what else can you break so the repairman has to come back??? :p