Colowyo - grudgingly settling in :P

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Glad you've made it home :)

Change is always difficult, and it's so easy to see the flaws in a new place--but you'll soon put your own stamp on your new digs and you'll get to the point everyone gets to where they ignore the blemishes in their home because it is filled with good memories. (And if not, then you'll just chalk it up to experience and move on to greener pastures.)

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Glad you made it !

I'm sure you'll have the new place feeling like home in no time!

Damummis

Microfarmer
Reaction score
Glad you made it. I know the feeling, walking in to your "new" house, expecting more than what is there, thinking, "Oh, my God, what did I get myself into?", seeing only the dirt, grime, 7 dumpsters full of trash and sinking to your knees with tears running down your face. Yup, been there. I wouldn't change it for the world. You are there for a reason. Write your story.

With a flick of the wrist, Tim Gunn style

MAKE IT WORK

hillfarm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
You know I was totally worried about yall. I even told DH about your move. He said "you realize these are people on a forum, that you have never met, right?"
LOL. My response was to say but that is a long move and drive. I hope they dont have any trouble, and you dont understand, he had to give up his ducks and chickens and....

Hubby just looked at me funny.

glad you made it well.

colowyo0809

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
hillfarm said:
You know I was totally worried about yall. I even told DH about your move. He said "you realize these are people on a forum, that you have never met, right?"
LOL. My response was to say but that is a long move and drive. I hope they dont have any trouble, and you dont understand, he had to give up his ducks and chickens and....

Hubby just looked at me funny.

glad you made it well.
:lol: :gig :gig :hugs

Damummis said:
Glad you made it. I know the feeling, walking in to your "new" house, expecting more than what is there, thinking, "Oh, my God, what did I get myself into?", seeing only the dirt, grime, 7 dumpsters full of trash and sinking to your knees with tears running down your face. Yup, been there. I wouldn't change it for the world. You are there for a reason. Write your story.

With a flick of the wrist, Tim Gunn style

MAKE IT WORK
Sounds like you had quite the experience!! :hugs :hugs I'm just thankful that for the most part everything is ok, just cosmetic. We can't really open most of the windows because either the screens aren't bug proof or we can't get the inner windows to open right :rolleyes: Yeah, I'm happy we are here in Lawrence, and that they were willing to let us rent here! We even get November's rent free!

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
:frow

Just finished work and too tired to put a thought straight so just saying hi :) Glad it went smoothly!

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Don't worry too much about the windows right now. Typically there are only six weeks of the year that we have the windows open - the rest of the time it's either too hot, too cold or too windy. Make sure the furnace works, cold weather hits fast 'round here.
Glad you found a place to rent there! Sometimes it's difficult in a busy college town like Lawrence - Go KU!!

colowyo0809

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Marianne said:
Don't worry too much about the windows right now. Typically there are only six weeks of the year that we have the windows open - the rest of the time it's either too hot, too cold or too windy. Make sure the furnace works, cold weather hits fast 'round here.
Glad you found a place to rent there! Sometimes it's difficult in a busy college town like Lawrence - Go KU!!
It works, I already turned it on :D We have central air, so that's a plus!

Yeah, it was ridiculously easy finding places to rent here. My biggest concern was us finding a place to rent, what with our combined credit (or even single credits) and all :)