containers instead of baggies

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I have been making the switch to glass, but that is not good for everything, or for kid's lunches. Half-pint canning jars work great. I feel a bit safer about my food.

I use all glass for fridge storage now, only plastic tops. I'd like to make a re-usable solution for all the plastic wrap I use to cover bowls and such in the fridge. I am thinking of using either ziploc freezer bags, cut into one layer of plastic, and using rubber bands to hold it on the tops of things.

Better would be beeswax-treated cloth.....I'd make sandwich wraps with that, but we so rarely take sandwiches out of the house, being self-employed. The only thing about the cloth is that I really need to be able to see what is in my fridge at a glance or it gets forgotten. :rolleyes:

SimplyForties

Power Conserver
Reaction score
freemotion said:
I'd like to make a re-usable solution for all the plastic wrap I use to cover bowls and such in the fridge. I am thinking of using either ziploc freezer bags, cut into one layer of plastic, and using rubber bands to hold it on the tops of things.
Those shower caps you get in hotels work great for that. They're washable and reusable too!

Latest posts