Cordless Chainsaw

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well --- my daughter has one and it is GREAT!!

Not sure brand, can find out -- but....she heats with wood a lot and it cuts logs beautifully. She has 2 batteries so she doesn't get going and have to quit. But I was amazed at it's power. NOT as big...maybe 12" blade....and we've gone and taken a couple front loaders of wood out without any saw hesitation for cutting. She cut trees that I've pulled out.

For the type clean up I envision you need, it would be perfect. What I REALLY love --no rope to pull and hold saw at same time!!! pick up saw, push a button and power is there when you pull the trigger to cut.

I'm not into pulling ropes to start stuff....nope, electric starts on everything. Thought about buying one, then realized all I needed was to call her to help. LOL

Maybe if just ain't used one that was great, because all the electric chainsaws I've used hardly had enough power to cut a small branch.

But I'm totally with you on rope pulling. I think Huskavarna has a lightweight easy start chainsaw. I have their commercial easy start weed whacker, it's a nice one. My son even put a after market metal blade head on it for clearing out saplings.

SprigOfTheLivingDead

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Chaps are full of fluffy material designed to plug up the chain and housing to stop the chain from spinning.

There are real chainsaw chaps and not so real chainsaw chaps. This video is an example of how real chaps work.

I try to not mess around with subpar stuff. When I got some chaps I spent the money on some Husqvarna ones.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
my method of removing trees is to get them cut before they become big enough to need a chainsaw. :)

i have some loppers which will take down anything 3 inches or less around. it takes some muscle, but i love how quiet they are and how i don't have yet another gadget that needs to be fixed or maintained.

for bigger trees i have to worry about doing damage i have to pay someone to come take them down. well that's not happening any time soon. i've tried for years to get some trees down when they were still the size i could do it myself. nope. not allowed... grr... haha...

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
No plans to chop down any live trees! I had a tree that was struck by lightening several years ago and that winter we had a hard freeze...poor thing... it slowly died. We didn't chop it down. It was a tiny little eco-system and we left it alone. Unfortunately, the tiny little eco system bit the dust and fell a couple months ago. I could move it with the tractor - and probably eventually will - but it could stand to be pared down somewhat. Maybe I'll give Hugelkulture a shot with it.

The other reason is to remove some hedges that have taken over in front of my house and likely contributed to the termite problem... :( I hate it - but they've gotta go. They've been there a long time and the main trunk of each is thick and gnarly. We tried the hand loppers...we tried the Sawzall... it's just too much. I also have a dead queen palm that looks like a telephone pole in the back yard...it's gotta go too. So, no plans to become a logger - just basic clean up around the farm. :) And - we live in hurricane country on a long dead-end road. No way out if/when trees do fall across the road. Tractors and chain saws saved us after Hurricane Ike!

I do love my loppers though. I use them on a lot of things. In fact the loppers were the tool I was using when I got poison oak/ivy/sumac. Right now I'm afraid to touch 'em until I give 'em a really good cleaning!!

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
After my last chainsaw was stolen I've finally decided we need another one. Really considering a cordless. We don't cut firewood like a lot of folks do. We mainly need it for general cleanup around the house and thought a cordless might fit our needs. Anyone have experience with a cordless? Do they have enough power to do basic jobs? And how long does the charge last?
That must be expensive... Well a corded one is expensive already... I believe the cordless one will be much more expensive... Not everyone can afford it.

Latest posts