Cordless Chainsaw

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
my method of removing trees is to get them cut before they become big enough to need a chainsaw. :)

i have some loppers which will take down anything 3 inches or less around. it takes some muscle, but i love how quiet they are and how i don't have yet another gadget that needs to be fixed or maintained.

for bigger trees i have to worry about doing damage i have to pay someone to come take them down. well that's not happening any time soon. i've tried for years to get some trees down when they were still the size i could do it myself. nope. not allowed... grr... haha...
haha. I know that you can handle those big trees. using such chainsaw has that capability... ohhh I really wish that I can have the same gear. I would be really happy.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
haha. I know that you can handle those big trees. using such chainsaw has that capability... ohhh I really wish that I can have the same gear. I would be really happy.

i have taken down trees with a hammer and chisel, but my preference would be to leave them standing for the wood peckers and other animals that would use them. as long as they aren't a danger to anyone i'd rather just leave them alone. the tree we have too close to the house needs to come out and i can't do that.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We are the same - I hate losing the shrubs we're taking out - but we will definitely replace with something green and not quite so invasive. Years ago I worked with a person who would complain every time we drove by a cemetery. He would always say something like.... "look at all that wasted land that nobody will ever be able to do anything with." (such as build a shopping center on) My response was always - someday cemeteries may be the only green space left! We are a big proponent of trees around here...and I guarantee you if one comes down - it will be replaced. Speaking of that - I have two plum trees I need to get in the ground!

SprigOfTheLivingDead

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We are the same - I hate losing the shrubs we're taking out - but we will definitely replace with something green and not quite so invasive. Years ago I worked with a person who would complain every time we drove by a cemetery. He would always say something like.... "look at all that wasted land that nobody will ever be able to do anything with." (such as build a shopping center on) My response was always - someday cemeteries may be the only green space left! We are a big proponent of trees around here...and I guarantee you if one comes down - it will be replaced. Speaking of that - I have two plum trees I need to get in the ground!
I have a TON of amur maple that somebody 20 years ago thought would be a great addition to the property. Well, they're not :(

Anyways, cutting hundreds of those down and replacing with lots of other stuff. That being said, while cutting some down last summer I discovered we had some plum trees that it was crowding out; so that was a nice surprise :)

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have a TON of amur maple that somebody 20 years ago thought would be a great addition to the property. Well, they're not :(

Anyways, cutting hundreds of those down and replacing with lots of other stuff. That being said, while cutting some down last summer I discovered we had some plum trees that it was crowding out; so that was a nice surprise :)

i'm not sure how those grow, but sometimes a nice stand of stick wood can come in handy for making some bean poles or other temporary fencing material or rocket stove fuel or ...

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
i have taken down trees with a hammer and chisel, but my preference would be to leave them standing for the wood peckers and other animals that would use them. as long as they aren't a danger to anyone i'd rather just leave them alone. the tree we have too close to the house needs to come out and i can't do that.
from the pain I'm feeling right now because of my abscessed tooth. that cordless chain saw, Looks like a Bright Idea.

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
After my last chainsaw was stolen I've finally decided we need another one. Really considering a cordless. We don't cut firewood like a lot of folks do. We mainly need it for general cleanup around the house and thought a cordless might fit our needs. Anyone have experience with a cordless? Do they have enough power to do basic jobs? And how long does the charge last?
Sorry to hear that it got stolen. I bet the person who stole it really knows how expensive the chainsaw is. well, I hope youll enjoy using your new one.

Latest posts