Corn Fodder!??

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
freemotion said:
Bee, what method do you use to shock your corn? Bad language? Dirty jokes? Mooning?

:gig
Free, all I had to do was tell the whole darn corn plot that I was going to get goats.....it was sufficiently shocked.... :D :lol:

Farm, you may indeed join! I am need of a secretary to handle our..er...liquid assets. :D Laughers AND sneezers most welcome! :gig

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Great News!

Is there a special uniform to wear or a motto that I need to memorize? :p

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Pantyliners are sort of standard wear and our motto? I think Morel has it as her siggy line! :lol:

Thingrizzly

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
If you have a field of corn and want to pull fodder, its done while the plant is green but after the corn is harvested.

You strip the leaves from several stalks, take one leaf and wrap tightly around the base of the remaining leaves. Break the top off of a stripped stalk and hang your bundle of leaves on it. Leave in the field until completely dryed, then gather and store in barn.

The stalks add mostly roughage, the leaves make a decent hay.

If you have rabbits they'll go crazy for the stalks though.

Kenneth

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
The dogs kept stealing my corn shocks out of the drying shed....I had to place them behind wire! The darn dogs would take them out, drag them across the yard, gnaw all the corn off them and leave them for the chickens to do cleanup. Then the sheep and calf come along and eat the still green leaves....if I hadn't penned them off, I wouldn't have had any for winter! :barnie

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
My husky, that I used to have, would eat my blackberries and break off my grapevines to play with! I always thought dogs were supposed to eat meat!?

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Tell that to my tomato, potato, apple, watermelon, rhubarb, chive, lettuce-eating dogs! They eat just as much of that stuff as they do their own food... :rolleyes:

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Same here Bee, when I am canning tomatos, my dogs sit at my feet, begging for bites!! I always have a 5 gallon bucket for the peels and seeds...for the hogs..but the DOGS think its for them! LOL They eat just about any veggie they can get too.

Latest posts