Corn question

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
How many ears can be expected from1/2 pound of corn seed?

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
One or two per seed that sprouts and grows, I think. Depending on the type of corn.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Do you think that would be alot of corn?

Up-the-Creek

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I believe it would be a good bit of corn,...I believe you would get 2 to 3 ears per stalk on just about any type of field corn. Figure how many rows you can plant with what you have, spacing and length of rows,..then figure how many plants per row and then times 2 ears of corn per plant. A math problem for you to do! It will be a good estimate,..;)

Remember also when you are planting corn it is best to plant in blocks for better pollunation,...at least 4 rows,...:D

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Its gonna be 6, 45 to 50 foot rows. And it will be chicken feed and fodder for the rabbits (if they will eat it)

Up-the-Creek

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
BarredBuff said:
Its gonna be 6, 45 to 50 foot rows. And it will be chicken feed and fodder for the rabbits (if they will eat it)
Figure how many plants per row, then times by 6 rows, and then times it by 2 ears of corn,...simple.

Up-the-Creek

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Sounds right! Sounds like a good bit of corn too! Now you have to worry about the weather and varmints,....deer :rant,...electric fencing didn't keep them out of my corn patch,..but we did fry a squirrel! :lol:

Up-the-Creek

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Yea,.. the deer repellant works good till it rains,...oh and rabbits,..we have them furry things running everywhere! We have tried to get some guys to bring their rabbit dogs and get in some practice up here, but no go. My son tries to shoot them, but they're too quick for him! Rabbits like to get them fresh little sprouts coming up,...:rolleyes:

Latest posts