Corn question

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I think Granny did something last year to take care of the rabbits that ate the peas. Seems like she did I just cant remember.

Up-the-Creek

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Honestly,.. I would like them all in my freezer! :D

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I would too but I dont how to hunt sadly.... :(

Up-the-Creek

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Well, if it is something you are interested in, it will come in time. My son loves hunting, but he don't get to do much because of school. His favorite is small game, like squirrel and rabbit. He also loves deer hunting, sadly he hasn't got one yet this year. He can only hunt on our property as a landowner, he is still to young for license. Plus here they have to have a firearms class to get their license. He is so looking forward to that. :D

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I'd like to try and start next year maybe. Its late in the season. Or is the season already over?

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
We planted around 1/2 lb of popcorn seed this year, and it yielded about 6 bushels of popcorn on the cob. Of course, popcorn seed is smaller than sweetcorn seed, so you probably couldn't expect as much.

When we plant around 4 lb of sweetcorn seed, it is literally 100s of dozens of corn... Hope that helps. I think Johnny's seed catalog has graphs that show info just like you are requesting.

Up-the-Creek

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
BarredBuff said:
I'd like to try and start next year maybe. Its late in the season. Or is the season already over?
Different from state to state,..season isn't over yet here.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Up-the-Creek said:
Sounds right! Sounds like a good bit of corn too! Now you have to worry about the weather and varmints,....deer :rant,...electric fencing didn't keep them out of my corn patch,..but we did fry a squirrel! :lol:
The neighbors cows moseyed over and ate ALL of my corn :somad :somad I wanted a hamburger SO bad, but I am a nice neighbor...he's SOOOOO lucky! :lol: