Cornish Cross Spring 2018 Cost/Profit/Loss or Freezer Meat

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
:idunno Unless she sells more...then it begins again.

After all that, NO ONE could buy one!!! That's a huge amount of work just to butcher & process. That makes you forget the "fun" when raising them :lol:

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yeah we've sold them in the past and you can make money, sure... But it's so not worth it! There's not much I enjoy less than raising meat birds!

Did you butcher the Delawares too?

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Delaware’s got put on the back burner for awhile. The CX were kinda NOW! I still hate the Delaware’s, they are in the cross hairs.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Evil birds... But they're laying eggs so it's not like you're losing anything by waiting!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We slaughtered 15 yesterday, gave away 3, so I cut up and packaged 12. I have 7 quart jars of backs and necks in the pressure canner, 5 more for the next batch. Then I have broth simmering on the stove, I’ll can that tonight too. I’m tired.

Robert returned my wash pan that I took their chickens to them in. He described how it took both of them to cut up one chicken and bag it up for the freezer. Neither one had ever cut up a chicken. :th

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Um... I don't know how to cut up a chicken.. My husband has to do it for me:hide

Latest posts