Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sassafras II

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
yeah. Everybody has their own opinion. But some of those statement from the Irish times seem rather off the wall.

Sassafras II

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hey, does anyone need a break from all this craziness? Check out this homesteading YouTube channel:

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
It's helpful to get outside perspectives. I have friends outside of the USA. They have friends and some have family in the USA, but they are quick to report that the world view of the USA has changed dramatically. Our culture of exceptionalism is not well-received.

USA is right there with 1,066,878 confirmed cases of COVID-19 and 61,797 deaths as of this morning.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
There is some interesting politics playing out near home. The nearest city to me is defying the state order and beginning to re-open some non-essential businesses. The businesses have to go through the county health department to re-open. We have not had any new confirmed cases in the county for 20 days. We have not had any community spread. The rate of infection was 13.3 per 100,000. However, we are a tourist area, so a second wave of cases would not be a surprise.

The state-wide stay at home order will not be lifted until the state-wide cases are decreasing. There are still outbreaks in the urban areas on the other side of the state, but rural areas seem to be doing okay. I don't think we should open up the entire state, but I am curious how the experiment of opening businesses nearby will go. It might go well, but if tourists bring COVID-19 in and spread it around it could be devastating.

I'm pleased with what I'm seeing out there. At least half of people are wearing masks. Essential employees are wearing masks. Stores are limiting people coming in, but I haven't seen any lines. Stores are disinfecting shopping carts between uses. They're using sneeze guards at registers. People are generally being great about social distancing. The libraries are open for curbside pick-up.

If we don't get a second wave from tourism/travel, this might be a piece of cake for us.

However, 45 miles away, in my hometown, there's community spread. :( The rate of infection is 26.2 per 100,000 right now.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's helpful to get outside perspectives. I have friends outside of the USA. They have friends and some have family in the USA, but they are quick to report that the world view of the USA has changed dramatically. Our culture of exceptionalism is not well-received.

USA is right there with 1,066,878 confirmed cases of COVID-19 and 61,797 deaths as of this morning.

Be careful... here's a simple truth to think deeply on. If we live our lives conserned about what others think. We are subject to their approval and are NOT free.

Status
Not open for further replies.