Status
Not open for further replies.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I wonder if it is a "Special Brown" or a "Golden Comet"?
At least roosters aren't as bad as tom turkeys - or are they? Have you seen the video of the mailman that is trying to get the Tom Turkeys to leave him alone, I feel bad for him. It is during the winter too, which makes footing uncertain.
I know Geese can pinch pretty hard.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I wonder if it is a "Special Brown" or a "Golden Comet"?
At least roosters aren't as bad as tom turkeys - or are they? Have you seen the video of the mailman that is trying to get the Tom Turkeys to leave him alone, I feel bad for him. It is during the winter too, which makes footing uncertain.
I know Geese can pinch pretty hard.

The few turkey Tom's I've had are:
1) absolutely delicious
2) avoid me and move out of my way.

Turkey Hens are:
1) absolutely delicious
2) avoid me and move out of my way. Except for then they are in lay, then they lay down and get in my way.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The federal gov't is paying 600 extra/ per week, for people who stay home so by collecting unemployment they are making more than when they were working

I can't even get laid off!! :lol:

Know some who are collecting -- I would, for sure.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lucky you!

We are still under house arrest until May 30. Thanks JB - NOT!
That is too much control. The restaurants here can only operate at 25% occupancy, phase 2 will be 50% or at least that is my understanding. There are still restrictions on how many people can be in a grocery store, the "people counters" are at the door with a tablet. Still 6' apart, but opening up businesses in a responsible and sensible manner. We cannot destroy the country and keep everything shut down. The predictions that I have heard, that make the most sense, are that it will be 18 to 24 months for this virus to circulate around until 60% of the people have developed immunity. Unless of course a vaccine is developed, fast tracked to production. I don't think I want to be first in line for that, or in line for that at all.

My opinion: People should continue to wear masks. Reason being, that person may be healthy and strong, but whomever is standing close by may be in the at risk group. Since there is a 2 week incubation period when infected people are shedding virus, they don't have the right to infect others, it literally is a life and death situation. Of course people are tired of wearing masks and want life to get back to normal. But for those that the Covid 19 is a death sentence, life is not back to normal and won't be for some time. Wearing a mask is not to keep you from getting sick as much as it is for not infecting others who may die from Covid 19. So...….are you wearing a mask out in public?

Status
Not open for further replies.