Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
There is move afoot here for a law suit against our governor for obstruction of religious freedom. Other talk about trying to remove her from office, but that didn't gain enough momentum. She trashed the economy of our state within 2 months of taking office. Gov. Lepage led 2 terms prior, and did more great management, and left the state in great financial shape than I've EVER seen. He's running for office again, so... I hope he gets the vote.

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I wonder if they will keep all the screens up at the shop counters for long term now? We wont get herd immunity in Australia unless we open the boarders and let the flood in, which is unlikely (I hope!). Businesses where I am are doing ok and most I spoke to were hoping for a full lockdown for some paid time off haha. It wont happen now, we've had very low number of new cases, 0 most days for the last week.

No one can really complain about money in Oz at the moment, $1100 for jobseeker is twice what it was. Pensioners are the worst off but they still get a couple $750 payments in stimulus. It was a good idea to only give the stimulus to the pensioners cos they spend it straight away cos it is so desperately needed. I have read on a few other forums that college kids in the US are putting their stimulus into savings, which seems to defeat the point of it to me.

We dont have to wear masks here but I would if they said we did. I wear face coverings or dust masks in the garden at times anyway. It doesnt bother me to do so.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Mom went through her fabric scraps and made us 3 masks each and sent them. Lets us wash them even if need to go out.

They are nice with pipe cleaner at the nose to shape it and the breathing pocket in front. She tried a pleated mask and was very unhappy with it. This design was much faster than pleated after she made a pattern and it didn't break her needles. The pleated one did because of fabric layers.

So she did 4 each for her and dad, 3 each for hubby and me, 2 for my brother who works at the prison where they have had an outbreak, 2 each for my great aunt and uncle, then 4 for my uncle who works at the hospital and only had one mask. He begged her after finding out she had some supplies to make them. He managed to find a 200 count box of alcohol swabs for her and dad who are diabetic.

You cannot find swabs hardly at all and my parents go through 7 a day together for everything. She has all of us checking anytime we hit a store. Even me mailing some to her will be much cheaper than ordering from anywhere online.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I need to add more pain management stuff to my preps. I had never really thought of it as emergency prepping, whoops. I ordered a bulk roll of kinesiology tape and a cupping set. I need to stock up on gauze and vetwrap. And go through my collection of braces to see what is missing. If electricity was out and I didn't have heat and ice packs, that would be a huge problem for pain and functioning. The cupping set will have some of the same functioning as heat (draws blood into the area), so that's a start.

I should also get a trigger point book and a physio book for my SHTF-no-internet book collection

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
So, yesterday I had someone stop by the house and talk about how pretty my hens were. It really bothered me to be honest. I feel like my rabbits and chickens might be in danger. Right now, this place is not the most defendable. It's close to the road. Luckily, it's protected somewhat by geography on three sides.

We have a dog inside that let's you know when something is up. I also have a gander that is a fairly good watchdog, and we have a German Shepherd in a Kennel. I have guns, and pack regularly.

Any other thoughts on security?

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I think a driveway alarm is a great idea. I wouldn't have thought of that. I also have concerns about the safety of my flock and yard, garden, supplies. Other thought: lay deer netting on ground in front of coop and run doors. Electric fencing around coop/run, garden.

Status
Not open for further replies.