Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I've been seeing reports about numbers being up. Nothing about whether the people protesting and rioting are getting sick though...
And there are still some counties in the US with 0 cases, which is strange since I don't think there is a single county in the US that hasn't got travel going through, now that all but 3 states in the Union are open.

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So sorry @baymule . Had he had any other compromising factors? I know it was hard for the family of my former fiance'... but he had some other issues too, some breathing issues, and he had gotten quite sedentary from what I was told.....
Yes @Mini Horses we are into everything and believe me, there is alot less hand washing sometimes than alot of people would want to hear about.
Yes there is a corona virus vaccine.... baby calves will get it and it will kill them quick. There are actually 2 that are usually given together... the "rota virus" and the "corona virus" pretty much standard for some farms to give it. It seems once it gets a "foothold" on a farm, you can never get rid of it. The good thing is it seems to not mutate often, so the vaccine is very effective. But it seems they never get any natural immunity to it.

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Numbers are up here in Va. The gov didn't allow the "phase 3 " implementation to go forward this week. But some of the numbers being up are the huge increase in testing.... and all the ones that are tested seem to not have much if any symptoms....

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My brother in law died Saturday early morning. Because of Covid-19 there will be no funeral, no memorial, no nothing. I feel bad for my sister. My BIL knew everyone and had a lot of friends. Now she is cheated of a large gathering of people showing their care and support by showing up.

She lives in Conroe, an extension of Houston. Covid-19 cases are spiking in Houston and surrounding areas and honestly, I don’t want to go down there. If we went to her house and there was no one else there, I’d do that. My poor sis.

sorry to hear @baymule :hugs to you and family.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So sorry @baymule . Had he had any other compromising factors? I know it was hard for the family of my former fiance'... but he had some other issues too, some breathing issues, and he had gotten quite sedentary from what I was told.....

sad about this too @farmerjan . i hear a lot about complicating factors making it higher risk for many, but i've also heard of enough cases where they don't really know what happened and one of those cases was a friend of our family, a middle-aged apparently healthy person, caught it and then gone quickly.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
:hugs @baymule . I'm certain it is difficult for your sister and her family to be dealing with death and no acknowledgement of his life's achievements by friends. It is a sad fact of what is happening across the country. I am so very sorry for your loss. And, you can't even hug your sister. :hit:hugs

@Farmejan I heard on news that Gov is to make decision announcement tomorrow as to VA going further with next phase of the re-opening. Really hasn't affected me one way or another -- most places I go are business as usual, although less traffic on road and less traffic in stores. Now that most stores have signs to "wear masks per State instruction" -- I carry one & wear when there.

@Britesea we have had "light" mentioning of riots effect on more outbreaks. Mostly along the lines of "we'll see in 2 or 3 weeks". Not making an issue of it, it appears....just wary. Here a group began painting some statues, then tearing them down. In the process one of the protesters was hit by a falling statue figure. He's still in hospital. The City has removed the remaining display to protect all. Was about 50 miles from me. My little town is lucky to have corner planters in downtown. LOL. No monuments of any kind. There was a controlled and non-violent march one evening only. A lot of organized churches and groups working well together for any changes. IMO our area is pretty all-inclusive.

Last edited:

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I've always wondered if some militant uber feminists would eventually try torching the middle school in my home town. It's named after the Madame who ran the bordello in town back in the late 1800s when it was founded.

She donated all the land that the middle and high school sit on as well as a lot of the money that built the original high school in 1910. There's a whole history with her trying to keep girls from joining her profession and helping them to eventually get out of it.

ovidiu.d

Frugally lurking
Reaction score
to be concerned is right, the stats here show that the impact is much bigger than the flu last year, and we are not even half way through 2020

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
sad about this too @farmerjan . i hear a lot about complicating factors making it higher risk for many, but i've also heard of enough cases where they don't really know what happened and one of those cases was a friend of our family, a middle-aged apparently healthy person, caught it and then gone quickly.

Was this person put on a ventilator? I've read, and seen a lot of credible documentation/videos (written/posted by well respected MDs and scientists in the medical community. Well... they were respected until they started speaking out about this whole situation, then they were black balled.) that state that patients are being placed on ventilators when they are not indicated. And, these vents are being used by folks who have not had any training in their use. It's a learn as you go situation. In any normal situation, the first treatment of choice would be a non-rebreather mask. Ventilator would be a last ditch effort. Patients who are having minimal respiratory difficulty are being put on ventilators, which cause a LOT of lung damage. One nurse who did some undercover videos and reporting at the NY hospital epicenter of the CV peak in that state, stated that: "None of the patients that are placed on vents come out alive, with the exception of one man, mid 30's who they did not keep sedated enough, and he extubated himself. She also showed documentation where patients who were COVID NEGATIVE were placed in rooms with COVID POSITIVE patients. These negative patients were treated JUST THE SAME as the positive patients. Even cases where patients came in, clearly suffering from anxiety. Hyperventilation blows off too much CO2, resulting in more respiratory distress. Treatment plan by these bozo's: VENTILATOR with a diagnosis of "presumptive covid". In contrast, a MD in Houston is treating CV pts VERY successfully in her clinic. Taking normal respiratory precautions. Her protocol: Hydroxychloroquine, Azythromycin, Vitamin C and Zinc. She states that her patients are ALL much better in 3 days with this non invasive approach. Please, oh please... would someone tell me why the powers that be are trying to shut down use of Hydroxychloroquine? It's been used very successfully for decades to treat many autoimmune diseases. Yet... all of a sudden... we're being told, "This drug is too dangerous for people to take for CV. But... if you have one of the autoimmune diseases it's been used for... suddenly it's not a danger?"
Agenda? Wake up world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.