Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Jan, and BriteSea: IMHO, the whole testing and viability stats is nothing but smoke and mirrors. It's all part of the agenda to bring on the one world government, EVERY single aspect of this situation fits in perfectly with all of the end time prophecies. It fits so well that I can come to no other conclusion than this: The whole corona virus situation is manufactured to bring about the fulfillment of these prophecies. It's a beastly situation. I'm sure that some of my readers will pick up the pun of that last statement.

I agree that so much is about control.... manipulating people to where they are afraid of their own shadow....I know that there have been some horrible cases of the virus, that people have died, and that places like NY basically sent the older people back to nursing homes to die...... Can't stand the ones there running things.... but Va is getting worse too....

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
If anyone needs anything that I can find around here, vaccuum bags seem to be available. Have not seen too many lids, ave been cases of regular lids pint jars; but boxes of lids and rings were available the other day.... saw pickling lime a week ago. I will see if I can find some stuff and send if anyone wants. Just for the costs.... will check at our farm bureau as it is a branch store and they had alot of stuff a few weeks ago.

I will have to check on the yeast situation. PM me if you want anything and I can look......

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I am good on supplies except for pickling lime. I bet i can find some before the cucumbers make. Maybe. I have lots of lids and jars. Food saver bags were a concern, every time i went to Walmart i went straight to the aisle where they were kept. Finally one day there was a box of the rolls and I took every one. Selfish? Yup. I took all 4 of them. :lol:

@farmerjan that is a kind and generous offer. I may have to take you up on the pickling lime!

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Shortages:

NO CANNING JARS!
No canning lids and rings
No food saver bags
Not a Food Saver to be found
No pickling lime

When this whole thing started, I bought 40 boxes of regular mouth lids. And, every time I went to town, I bought 3 - 4 cases of Ball pints. So, even if there are no more lids or jars to be found this season, I'm well stocked. I encouraged everyone I knew to do the same, and got nothing but blank stares from them. My garden is being eaten from the inside out by a grub infestation, the likes of which I've never seen. So, I'm wondering if I'm even gonna have crops to can.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
When this whole thing started, I bought 40 boxes of regular mouth lids. And, every time I went to town, I bought 3 - 4 cases of Ball pints. So, even if there are no more lids or jars to be found this season, I'm well stocked. I encouraged everyone I knew to do the same, and got nothing but blank stares from them. My garden is being eaten from the inside out by a grub infestation, the likes of which I've never seen. So, I'm wondering if I'm even gonna have crops to can.
are the grubs eating the insides of the plants or produce?

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
NO CANNING JARS!
No canning lids and rings
No food saver bags
Not a Food Saver to be found
No pickling lime

Well, I'm well stocked with all of these things. In fact, have two Food Savers & #3 is a small -- on the counter, quickie thing. LOL Plenty of the bags/rolls. On line? They may be shipping?

While there are enough jars at stores here, some stock is slightly lower than norm BUT--it IS canning season. WalMart had less stock than many of the stores in smaller communities. Knowing which small stores carry these items is key -- the newbie buyers don't always know.

we are seeing is that meat (especially beef!) prices have shot through the roof.

Most meats are much higher priced. I agree, beef wildly so. Also, live piglets are much more costly now! Also, harder to find.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Feeder pigs went from $40-$60 on the low end and $75-$100 on the high end to $100 to $250. VERY few $100 piglets out there. I expect prices to rise in the spring.

TexasLisa

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I ordered my canning lids off Amazon and their stock was down.

I have seen Goya food but have never tried it. Any good?

FarmerJan, that was a very thoughtful offer. Thank you!

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
are the grubs eating the insides of the plants or produce?

They are eating the roots. Multiple squash and one pepper plant plants have the root system weakened, so that the least bit of nudging of the plant stem when weeding around it, ends up breaking the plant off at ground level.

Status
Not open for further replies.