Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I also intend to buy more feed tomorrow. Usually, I intend to use up every bag before it is 6 weeks old. But... this time... I will buy some extra. I'll be setting duck and chicken eggs within a few days, and want to have the starter on hand. B/C of St. Patty's day, carrots are on sale. Not organic... but... I'll buy some more and can them anyways. Put up about 12#. That should provide enough to carry us through until the garden is producing well.
When I go out later, I am buying pellets and whole corn. Supposedly, those will remain fresher longer.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We have enough, I think. But if we don't, I have pinking shears and several old flannel sheets. Family cloth sounds weird to those of us who grew up with paper, but it's really no worse than cloth diapers, and I dealt with those for years. I've read that the cloth is softer and more pleasant to use than any paper product.

it's probably a good thing sheep are too big...

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Plant mullein. It has soft velvety leaves! LOL LOL

another good one is comfrey! :) also seems to be a good feed for animals once the cold weather has passed...

in a pinch i suppose dirt or sawdust would work, a bit itchy at first butt you'd get used to it... around here there is no shortage of grasses or leaves.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
for stocking up and you may still be in for some cold weather, things like oats, sugar and oils are basic energy your body can use to keep warm. may not be a huge amount of nutrients in them, but if that is your only choice for food it works for a while until the fresh greens can come along...

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Ain't that the truth! I just don't know how wiping my butt with Amazon on my laptop would work out...…… :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i now it would not work as a screen saver... screen dissolver would be more like it.

but i think you could probably market it as an organic screen protector in brown and tan colors and artistic patterns.

i wonder if anyone has trademarked dingleberries yet?

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
IBM supercomputer Summit at Oak Ridge National Laboratory in TN is working away on a cure.

Summit or OLCF-4 is a supercomputer developed by IBM for use at Oak Ridge National Laboratory, which as of November 2019 is the fastest supercomputer in the world, capable of 200 petaFLOPS. Its current LINPACK benchmark is clocked at 148.6 petaFLOPS

IBM Summit, the world’s most powerful and smartest supercomputer has helped researchers identify 77 compounds that could form a cure.

Read more here ---> https://www.ibm.com/blogs/digital-transformation/in-en/blog/summit/

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts