Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Went to the store to top off a few things and Mary jesus and the handbag n donkey, I am so glad I didnt wait and paid attention to what was going on elsewhere. It's like everyone here got a single signal and are freaking out panic buying hardcore all at the same time.
Theres no tp, wet whipes, rice,beans, pasta, canned veggies, frozen meat or meats in general, vinegar, soap, sanitizer or bar soap let alone water of any kind under $3 in any of my regular shopping plazas. I've never seen a Sam's club so empty, never seen a walmart so empty or winco so busy yet empty on stock.
I am so glad I picked up some skill works lol
My wife just got back from Walmart. Picking up rent money from our house in NC. Same thing, she said the place was pretty much emptied out. And all the check out lines had cashier's and LONG lines waiting to check out.

Good thing we went and shopped yesterday before POTUS called the federal emergency. I saw it pop up in the news about 3 hours before the POTUS news conference was scheduled. I grabbed my wife and said let's go to town now. She said I need to fix my hair, I said no, your beautiful, let's go now. In 10 minutes we were out the door. I just had a feeling there was going to be a run on the stores and there sure was one.

I'm making good use of her new bus. It has 55lb of dogfood and 2 50 lbs bags of all-flock chicken/turkey feed in the back :) I told her if worse comes to worse we have many chicken dinners storing real nice on the hoof :)

Last edited:

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
We just watched the News Conference with the Governor, and there is an individual who has COVID-19, but will not self-isolate or go to a hospital. He is currently being held by law enforcement inside his home using powers established by State and County declarations of emergency... :hide

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We just watched the News Conference with the Governor, and there is an individual who has COVID-19, but will not self-isolate or go to a hospital. He is currently being held by law enforcement inside his home using powers established by State and County declarations of emergency... :hide

You just have to wonder about that guy and if his cornbread is done in the middle or still mushy?

I just heard Israel has closed all restaurants to help stop the spread of China COVID-19.

And Apple has closed all stores outside of China. I guess China cases are declining now.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
You just have to wonder about that guy and if his cornbread is done in the middle or still mushy?

I just heard Israel has closed all restaurants to help stop the spread of China COVID-19.

And Apple has closed all stores outside of China. I guess China cases are declining now.
I definitely get that, but I also find it interesting that we are at the point of forcible containment. I totally get it, but that's the stuff for tin foil hat time...

Spain is on a lock down as well. The French have closed all restaurants as well...

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well I'm thankful for the Costco business center. Got milk, bread, and other essentials. And nonessential. It's a bad bad place for us.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Judging by the photos posted on social media here, we stocked up at the right time. Stuff is scarce right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts