Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yin's better read this and don't think it won't happen in your "city".

"Among the powers Feinen gained after signing the executive order was the power to ban the sale of guns, ammunition, alcohol, and gasoline. Feinen could also cut off access to individuals' gas, water, or electricity. The city also has the ability to "take possession of private property" or order the temporary closing of all bars or liquor stores."

www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/illinois-mayor-signs-executive-order-granting-power-to-ban-sale-of-guns-and-alcohol-while-addressing-coronavirus

Last edited:

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I'm glad we stocked up a while back. as soon as I heard then say "it's not if, but when....be prepared..." I told the wife we need to go over our stock and make sure we can stay home for a month. she got things I never would have thought about. women are great!

if it goes on farther than that I guess we will cross that bridge when we get there

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm glad we stocked up a while back. as soon as I heard then say "it's not if, but when....be prepared..." I told the wife we need to go over our stock and make sure we can stay home for a month. she got things I never would have thought about. women are great!

if it goes on farther than that I guess we will cross that bridge when we get there

I told my wife well if worst come to worst, there always plenty of legs around here.
unnamed.jpg

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have enough meat to last a year. it's the other stuff that may run out

creativetwinszoo

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hubby thought I was over reacting 2 weeks ago when we stocked up on some long term storage foods. Now... he's glad I did it.

Same here, it's been interesting seeing people reactions as panic buying is going on.
Pretty sure housespouse is happy I try to keep a full pantry now, when less than a month ago they were upset cause I wasn't using everything in the pantry first before buying more. Hopefully when this all blows over they'll keep this situation in mind when I buy more canned veggies n pasta than we need in a week :/

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
WalMart today -- I was working -- had so many empty shelves. The med aisles were basically void of most bar soap, allergy/cold/flu meds, Vit C, etc. No alcohol or peroxide, TP. Still holding with meats and freezers were in decent shape but I KNOW the back freezers had been packed a couple weeks back and not so now! Bread there but no eggs at end of day. Milk was getting low. Chips, soda, beer & wine were taking a hit.

Some customers said many stores had same issues.

Stock rotation at it's finest. LOL

I am so glad I stay well stocked! I did buy some dark chocolate chips a couple days ago. My own simple pleasure to nibble on.

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Dont think I've had good frog legs yet, so thankfully no froggies here. Hoping to get some birds mayby tho
I definitely get that, but I also find it interesting that we are at the point of forcible containment. I totally get it, but that's the stuff for tin foil hat time...

Spain is on a lock down as well. The French have closed all restaurants as well...

I get your point also, but you know we are a country of law's. I look at it like this...

Follow the laws and you'll be ok. Break the laws and you suffer the consequences.

I drilled that in to my kids heads so many times over the decades. You might could tell it was well rehearsed. Although I did add one last item with my kids -

and don't except mom or dad to bail you out either!

Status
Not open for further replies.