Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
erm... Not sure I like where this sentence from the article is going, lol

"For some, especially older adults and people, it can cause more severe illness, including pneumonia, and can be fatal. "

IMG_20200406_111021.jpg

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Northern Wisconsin is a huge tourist area. There are a lot of people who have second homes up there. All the counties up there are on TV asking people with vacation homes to stay away! "Stay home - stay safe!"

I passed 2 vehicles with IOWA licence plates and 3 trucks towing fishing boats that were headed south on the highway this morning. Want to bet where they were coming from? Makes me mad.

My Aunt was in the store getting a few essentials (milk for one) and the couple in front of her at the check-out had a full cart of stuff. They happily told the checker that they were going to stay at to their cottage for the next month and self-isolate. Self-isolate, right ... what was the first thing they did? They went to the store and exposed everyone in town to anything that they have!!

The big problem is that those areas don't have much for health care facilities. They also have a higher percentage of retiree's than normal. My parents have to drive 45 minutes to get to their doctor for appointments. And that is considered a short drive. The hospital in my town has 18 beds - and we are happy to have a hospital at all.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

TexasLisa

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Texas is stopping Louisiana from coming into our state. Louisiana had an 1800% (not a misprint--just heard it on the news) in CoVid cases.

Be safe everyone!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Northern Wisconsin is a huge tourist area. There are a lot of people who have second homes up there. All the counties up there are on TV asking people with vacation homes to stay away! "Stay home - stay safe!"

I passed 2 vehicles with IOWA licence plates and 3 trucks towing fishing boats that were headed south on the highway this morning. Want to bet where they were coming from? Makes me mad.

My Aunt was in the store getting a few essentials (milk for one) and the couple in front of her at the check-out had a full cart of stuff. They happily told the checker that they were going to stay at to their cottage for the next month and self-isolate. Self-isolate, right ... what was the first thing they did? They went to the store and exposed everyone in town to anything that they have!!

The big problem is that those areas don't have much for health care facilities. They also have a higher percentage of retiree's than normal. My parents have to drive 45 minutes to get to their doctor for appointments. And that is considered a short drive. The hospital in my town has 18 beds - and we are happy to have a hospital at all.
yep, you're on point. In in that tourist area too. The county has already put out a statement that they can't do anything about people coming in for tourism, but they also issued a statement telling people not to come, and if the come to bring groceries and supplies for 2 weeks and NOT go shopping.

It's spreading exponentially here. All from one person who refused to stay home when sick, and now there's a person exposed to that person refusing to self-isolate. 🤬

So, this is when I stay home strictly I guess.

DH is still working. I sewed masks for him. Not the stupid surgical style masks, but tight fitting half-face masks with a filtering material that filters 95% of particles. Should be nearly as good as an N95 if he changes it enough to keep it dry. He asked me to sew them for his whole staff. We're concerned about his exposure from employees who are not following the stay-at-home order. I put a hamper in the mudroom and will put a change of clothes out there. Lock him out of the house until he changes. He is diligent about hand washing - I can be thankful for that.

I'm moving on to creative cooking since my fridge is looking bare. Today I'm using up frozen corn to make creamed corn casserole. We don't like creamed corn... :gig But I have frozen vegetables [that we don't like] so I might as well start cooking with them. Better than going grocery shopping. Might be able to sweet-talk DH into getting groceries, IDK.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@tortoise Are you willing to share your pattern for masks? I have one that I was going to adapt for adding a filter so I can just toss the filter material and then wash the used fabric mask part. But, if yo already have a pattern that does that then I don't need to re-invent the wheel.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm moving on to creative cooking since my fridge is looking bare. Today I'm using up frozen corn to make creamed corn casserole. We don't like creamed corn... :gig But I have frozen vegetables [that we don't like] so I might as well start cooking with them. Better than going grocery shopping. Might be able to sweet-talk DH into getting groceries, IDK.

"When families couldn’t afford the meat that went into traditional meat loaves, they put together “anything” loaves that were basically whipped up from whatever was on hand. Nuts, raisins, leftovers, and bread were packed into loaves that served as supper for families who needed to pinch pennies. "

Status
Not open for further replies.