Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score

Read these articles today. I think it is interesting how we have been told for months that it wasn't a big deal. Now, today we are on the verge of a pandemic and the stock market has tumbled.

What are your thoughts?

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
"They ran to the groceries,
they filled up their carts,
They emptied the Tops and
Price Chopper and Walmart,
They panicked and fought and
then panicked some more,
Then they rushed to their homes
and they locked all the doors.

The food will be gone!
The milk eggs and cheese!
The yogurt! The apples!
The green beans and peas!
The stores have run out, now what will we do?
They’ll be starving and looting
and nothing to do!
Then they paused, and they listened
a moment or two.
And they did hear a sound, rising over the fear,
It started out far, then began to grow near.
But this sound wasn’t sad, nor was it new,
The farms were still doing
what farms always do.
The food was still coming,
though they’d emptied the shelves,
The farms kept it coming,
though they struggled themselves,
Though the cities had forgotten
from where their food came,
The farms made them food every day,
just the same.
Through weather and critics
and markets that fall,
The farms kept on farming in spite of it all.
They farmed without thank yous.
They farmed without praise.
They farmed on the hottest and coldest of days.
They’d bought all the food,
yet the next day came more,
And the people thought of something they hadn’t before.
Maybe food, they thought,
doesn’t come from a store.
Maybe farmers, perhaps, mean a little bit more."
-Anna

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Just found on Facebook: A local guy has posted that he will go into town and pick stuff up for locked down seniors and others with low immunity. No charge for the delivery. And when I filled up my truck at the local gas station I asked if they had any distilled water for my CPAP. Not only did they have 8 gallons, but he insisted that I take all 8 when I was going to leave a couple for some other person in need, saying he could get more. He even insisted on carrying them all out to the truck for me. He was very concerned about me being out and about. Apparently around here, my white hairs are getting me some privileges, lol.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The C-Virus Rules as of today: 😂

1. Basically, you can't leave the house for any reason, but if you have to, then you can.

2. Masks are useless, but maybe you have to wear one, it can save you, it is useless, but maybe it is mandatory as well.

3. Stores are closed, except those that are open.

4. You should not go to hospitals unless you have to go there. Same applies to doctors, you should only go there in case of emergency, provided you are not too sick.

5. This virus is deadly but still not too scary, except that sometimes it actually leads to a global disaster.

6. Gloves won't help, but they can still help.

7. Everyone needs to stay HOME, but it's important to GO OUT.

8. There is no shortage of groceries in the supermarket, but there are many things missing when you go there in the evening, but not in the morning. Sometimes.

9. The virus has no effect on children except those it affects.

10. Animals are not affected, but there is still a cat that tested positive in Belgium in February when no one had been tested, plus a few tigers here and there…

11. You will have many symptoms when you are sick, but you can also get sick without symptoms, have symptoms without being sick, or be contagious without having symptoms. Oh, my..

12. In order not to get sick, you have to eat well and exercise, but eat whatever you have on hand and it's better not to go out, well, but no…

13. It's better to get some fresh air, but you get looked at very wrong when you get some fresh air, and most importantly, you don't go to parks or walk. But don’t sit down, except that you can do that now if you are old, but not for too long or if you are pregnant (but not too old).

14. You can't go to retirement homes, but you have to take care of the elderly and bring food and medication.

15. If you are sick, you can't go out, but you can go to the pharmacy.

16. You can get restaurant food delivered to the house, which may have been prepared by people who didn't wear masks or gloves. But you have to have your groceries decontaminated outside for 3 hours. Pizza too?

17. Every disturbing article or disturbing interview must start with " I don't want to trigger panic, but…"

18. You can't see your older mother or grandmother, but you can take a taxi and meet an older taxi driver.

19. You can walk around with a friend but not with your family if they don't live under the same roof.

20. You are safe if you maintain the appropriate social distance, but you can’t go out with friends or strangers at the safe social distance.

21. The virus remains active on different surfaces for two hours, no, four, no, six, no, we didn't say hours, maybe days? But it takes a damp environment. Oh no, not necessarily.

22. The virus stays in the air - well no, or yes, maybe, especially in a closed room, in one hour a sick person can infect ten, so if it falls, all our children were already infected at school before it was closed. But remember, if you stay at the recommended social distance, however in certain circumstances you should maintain a greater distance, which, studies show, the virus can travel further, maybe.

23. We count the number of deaths but we don't know how many people are infected as we have only tested so far those who were "almost dead" to find out if that's what they will die of

24. We have no treatment, except that there may be one that apparently is not dangerous unless you take too much (which is the case with all medications). Orange man bad.

25. We should stay locked up until the virus disappears, but it will only disappear if we achieve collective immunity, so when it circulates… but we must no longer be locked up for that?

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
88261665_10219465263135379_4592266267963949056_n.jpg

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Now's a good time for mothers to realize they've got milk bags hanging off the front of them....so many opt not to nurse and not for any good reason, either. My DIL didn't want to nurse and so she didn't. She preggers again and also hasn't any intention of nursing. Free milk, the right kind, formulated especially for your baby, heated to the right temps, don't have to wash bottles or nipples, and you don't want to use it??? It's crazy.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DH went to walmart today because he thought he needed frozen pizza. The ENTIRE AISLE of pizza was empty. :gig OMG, too funny! I guess the bread must have been sold out at both Walmart and ALDI because he would normally get it. Gallons of milk sold out at ALDI, he bought 2 half-gallons.

So thankful he remembered to get a big gatorade powder. It has been on my list twice and I forgot.

Our stock up was sheep feed, ammo, fresh fruit and vegetables. The ammo wasn't planned but the rest we planned [2 weeks ago] on buying today.

I am earnestly hoping that this pandemic will school an entire generation in emergency preparedness. It shouldn't be like this!

Status
Not open for further replies.