Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So... after President Trump made a statement that churches are considered essential... our state governor has placed such restrictions on how churches in our state must jump through hoops to be open...
That's a joke, at least here in Maine. On a good Sunday, attendance is 350 divided between 2 services. New rules: we can have 50 people in the building at a time. This includes the ministry team... which means that only about 40 can attend the service. (the building is 2 stories tall, and HUGE. ) Everyone in the building must wear a mask. Every surface that people contact must be disinfected between services. So... if we run 3 services, that accommodates less than 1/2 of our normal crowd. And it would take longer to do the disinfecting than it would to do the service. I've determined that I'll not be subjecting my immune system to masks any longer. So... no church for me.

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Va governor just decreed that everyone has to wear masks in public stores and businesses, starting as of Friday. Going to get what I need at the store because I will not be in compliance due to not believing that this will help to get the herd immunity needed to stop this virus from getting another foot hold. We have got to get some sort of normalcy back and those with possible problems should wear a mask to protect themselves. But I think this has gone way over board.
And did you see where now they say that you are very unlikely to pick up anything from a surface...... talk about constantly changing their minds about this. Since it has been shown by charts and graphs from the CDC that it is no worse than the 2 previous flu spikes, this year, where do these people get their insane ideas and insistence that we have to all of a sudden go about like this is worse than anything that has ever been seen? Control is what it is and unfortunately too many are just not wanting to fight for their rights and not bowing down to these people.

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Wore a mask to my therapy appt (they are requiring it) and spent half the time adjusting it so constantly touching my face/mask. I don't think I touch my face once without the mask at PT ..... wonder what they are going to do if I start in the pool for the PT they think will help my knees too.....ain't wearing a mask in the pool.....

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The design that mom found and adjusted works very well. Stays in place without needing adjustments. Nice pocket in front of mouth to allow easy breathing without sucking the fabric in. Pipe cleaner over the nose inside to adjust it into form. Big enough to actually cover a man's face. Mom has used all her scrap quilting fabric and old elastic making almost a 100 masks for the family so everyone has at least 3.

My uncle who works at the hospital got 6 that tie behind his head. He was so glad for that as the single cloth pleated mask the hospital gave him went over his ears and wearing that 10 hours a day was making his ears bloody. He was happily surprised at how much better mom's worked. Some of his coworkers have tried to beg him to get mom to make them some, but supplies just aren't available.

JanetMarie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Over the weekend my husband and I went to Menard's and I was stopped by the security guard just inside the door because I didn't have a mask on. He asked if I had one and I said no, then he said I could BUY ONE FROM THEM. We left and went to Lowe's.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts