Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Now what: The population has finally been driven beyond what they are willing to bear. Next comes mass rioting, followed by martial law. This next step will be used as justification for disarming the population.
Too true.....and we have this gov who is bound and determined to choke out guns .......
Va had the horrible mess in Richmond, then we had some closer to here, in Roanoke, Va with problems in the Valley View Mall, Walmart, etc., on Sat then again more protesting on Sun. Several restaurants closed early on Sunday because of it. Got curfews in Richmond, and who knows what is going to happen after this.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I can support the people who are protesting.

But when it turns to violence, riots and looting - it really takes away from the meaning of the protest. What does burning cop cars and robbing Target stores have to do the the protest against the actions of 4 officers in Minneapolis - um, EX-Officers.

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We had a huge jump in cases from 0 to 29 from people coming in from overseas. All are in hotel quarantine, one in hospital, no reports of community transmission. The boarders are apparently still closed, but there are still these cases, so its not as closed as we are led to believe. Travel within the state is allowed again and there is a new tourism campaign to encourage people to holiday at home. Sort of a shame I dont have a larger block, camp sites are booked out :p

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
A nearby county has a chicken processing plant in it and Covid-19 cases have sky rocketed to 583 cases. Titus County is small both in land mass (426 square miles) and population (32,750) in comparison to the county we live in, Smith County land mass (950 square miles) and population (232,751). Covid-19 cases in Smith County are at 223 cases. News media coverage of Covid-19 has all but fallen off the charts, in favor of covering protests and riots, but it is still out there. People don't let your guard down.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The WalMart in my little town & next closest in outer edge of town over -- both closed at 5 several days in a row due to protests. They were largest retailer in immediate vicinity of the marchers. Fortunately, all was peaceful and respectful. Happy to be able to say that! I don't know the exact numbers for CV-19 in my general area but, not large enough to be in the news. In fact, the one or two who were positive were all that "made the news".

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We went into town today to pick up a single paver to complete one of Hubby's projects. We saw lines at EVERY store we passed. Crazy, stupid. Just MHO. But, we were able to enjoy church today: Tail gate, parking lot affair. It was such a blessed event to get to talk to new and old friends alike, see how every one is doing, and encourage each other, and be encouraged.

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
1592387119505.png

Closer to 0 again, until the next plane load of infected come in.

Life is all back to normal here, not that it changed all that much for me at all. The highway and town is as busy as I have ever seen it. The east coast are missing the west coasts tourist dollars but many people do seem to be utilising our home state, even in the middle of winter. Universities will start bringing international students back soon, as long as they pay for the hotel quarantine. My congregation isn't meeting in person again yet, I think they are waiting until it can happen Australia wide before allowing it anywhere. The east coast are far worse off than the west. I hope we don't see anymore deaths here. News reports say that seasonal flu numbers are down as well due to social distancing and hygiene practices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts