Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasLisa

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I'm such a technopeasant! My phone is Android (that's pretty much all I know) does this work for mine?

I am in the same club Britesea! I try to make sense and usually fail. :)

Here is what I found for the Android:

Just go to the settings app, click on Google|COVID-19 exposure notifications, and you can toggle them on or off from there. From the same place, you can also delete any random IDs that have been stored by clicking on Delete random IDs|Delete.

Here is an article from Kim Komando who usually knows what she is talking about:

TexasLisa

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Glad to be of assistance. I am learning like the rest of you. :)

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I too still have a flip phone and even though I see some of the advantages of the smart phones, I cannot bring myself to go that route. They make a smart flip phone now, to the tune of over 1,000 but I am not going to spend that kind of money. I like the flip, mine is really old, but I can put it in a back pocket and sit on it and not have to worry about anything breaking. I like the smaller size too. The flip smart phone is on the smaller size, but just don't like all the tracking and stuff on them. But, I can't read many things on the flip phone that people forward to me and that is annoying.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have an I phone and I like it. Google directions will take me anywhere I want to go. So I’m not going to turn off the tracking thing. It beats the crap out of a paper map, trying to figure out where to turn. I don’t blindly follow the directions, I blow up the phone map to decide for myself the best way to go. I’m not bothered by conspiracy phones. If that got to be a real problem then none of us would need phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.