Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
FJ, this site is not allowing me to quote right now. I want to ask your forgiveness (instead of permission) I copied your post about CV in cattle, and the theory about passive immunity in farmers on my FB page.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Right - this is all BS. Testing rates and positivity rates are up - but so are hospitalizations and death rates. In Houston, (30 minutes from here) the percentage of people dying at home or arriving DOA at a hospital is up 45%. Yep - all BS folks.... sigh.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Today, a local TSC had a large sign at the horse wormer aisle. it advised that Ivermectin was not for human use and that there was NO evidence it killed corona virus....WTH?

OK, well, my animals don't have CV but, I probably don't have worms either since I got some spit back onto my hand yesterday by an ungrateful goat. ;) So far, no CV either.

How'd a rumor like this get going? Surely not the net :hide

It's a deadly virus for some. But, our economy is NOT going to survive this much longer. Foreclosures will be unreal Already the food banks are under pressure here. My area has a huge military presence and that is helping with a more stable income base for many. The farming community is taking a hit but, the banks are more able to extend loans for a while, some have crop insurances and all those things I'm not involved with, so can't truly speak to it. Here, buy feed or sell animals. :idunno I do limit spending to survive.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Oh my. Dictionary is needed. Epidemic is less severe than a pandemic. Link has definitions of all the related terms - cluster, outbreak, epidemic, pandemic, etc

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
There is talk in the medical community (not the PC crowd) that Ivermectin is useful in treatment of covid. I'm not endorsing it, just telling you what I've heard.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
There is talk in the medical community (not the PC crowd) that Ivermectin is useful in treatment of covid. I'm not endorsing it, just telling you what I've heard.
That is a comforting thought--especially since I have a couple tubes of that stuff. I always buy the apple flavored horse wormer........at least it will be tasty. :lol:

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Have y'all heard that blood type O is less likely to get Covid-19 or have a lighter case of it? I have type O blood. :woot

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well, I'm type O which is good for this, but type O is more likely to have problems with bacterial infections. For instance, Native Americans are much more likely to have type O, and they were more susceptible to smallpox than Europeans, who have a higher preponderance of A and AB (type B is more likely to be found in Asians). DH and DS are both type A. But I think a strong immune system can counter having "the wrong blood type". As a friend of mine, prone to malapropisms said "It's half of one and six dozen of the other"

Status
Not open for further replies.