Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Business owners have been careful to post the correct information on their entry door regarding the mandates for wearing a mask inside public places.

A small store I went to yesterday had a sign on their door that read: "Do your part, wear a mask, it's the law"

It's not a law, it's a mandate. This store has lost customers from offending people in the past, and this will offend more people. Possibly the business owner is afraid herself of getting Covid, however this is spreading mis-information..

in our state it is the law. *shrug*

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Our friend and hay guy has Covid-19. His wife had it first, she is a nurse in a doctor's office, now he has it. They both have jobs of exposure, he works for a soft drink beverage company and is in and out of stores and public places all day. His parents live on one side of them, his grandmother lives on the other side of them. I hope neither of them gets Covid too.

hope they come through ok!

TexasLisa

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
In Texas it is a mandate BUT if the police catch you without a mask they can fine you $250.00.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Our Congress man has Covid. He is taking hydroxychloroquine (sp?) and zinc. He was on the Tyler news, already over it, in his suit and feeling much better.

JanetMarie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
in our state it is the law. *shrug*
I live in Michigan too, and it's not a law, but a mandate:

A lawer explains the mandate in the body of article: "With an executive order it hasn't been adopted into law the way it normally would or should by going through the legislative process and then being signed by the governor."

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I live in Michigan too, and it's not a law, but a mandate:

A lawer explains the mandate in the body of article: "With an executive order it hasn't been adopted into law the way it normally would or should by going through the legislative process and then being signed by the governor."

i'll go by what the law says, the law being the constitution of the state. the governor has the power to declare a state of emergency and they have the power to govern. that is why they're elected.

the idea that the governor cannot make regulations during a state of emergency without approval of the congress is BS. the congress can't act in time and as is evidenced by this event it chooses partisan bickering over the health and safety of the citizens.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I don't find the sign offensive. Blunt, yes...slightly inaccurate choice of words BUT, some people need that push to do what's right. :idunno 😷

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
The smaller local convenience store and truck stop, where I mostly go, which we are right at the junction with the interstate and a Pilot Truck Stop, as well as another HUGE Truck Stop/shopping mall/ truck repairs....(TA)... and 2 other smaller places that also fuel trucks....they have the sign on the door and all.... half the people that go in there do not wear masks....

They do not push it, although I am sure that the bigger places do. I haven't been in the Pilot in ages. Go through the drive though at Wendy's some, but half the time it is closed off, so I figure they don't need my business either....
Haven't been in the TA in forever.... and never been in the mall part that they built 2-3 years ago....too many people and too much walking for what?????

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Victoria is out of control. The joke here is - what do the Spice Girls and Australia have in common?
Victoria spoiled it.

The hard boarder seems to be keeping my state safe, so far. Mining magnate Clive Palmer took the state to the high court because we wouldn't let him in. Less than a week later, other states were closing their boarders too. And then federal government withdrew its support for the case against the state. So its probably going back to court and the outcome wont be known for a while - which is good for us, any delay is good for us. Most people in the state are very content within our boarders and the economy is going ok, especially tourism. Of course there are a lot of people still out of work, but the welfare support for jobseekers is extremely high, with many people who were previously living in poverty, now having a decent standard of life.

Masks are not law nor required where I am, but I'd wear one if the virus got in. I figure prevention is better than cure. I do agree that there is major corruption within pharmaceuticals, so I'd prefer to stay well away from the medical field. I am so pleased and proud I got off all of medication as there are now shortages for the stuff I took. It is such a relief to be free of that.

I expect there to be some fresh food shortages and delays soon here as the panic buying has ramped up again over east which diminishes the supply available here. Plus some issues at the boarders with trucks getting through and switched over. My garden (and my neighbours garden) is going ok, but I would feel more secure if I could just figure out my aquaponics! My pantry is still well stocked, so is the toilet paper 😄

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts