Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My biggest concern is for my Dad, a hospice patient. The hospice nurses are not able to supply us with gloves. And when I can buy them from harbor freight, they are $18/box. I think they used to be about $5. We have some for now... but... are going through a lot every day. We're ok on food, and ok on paper products for now. but, can't get out often to restock.

i'm curious why you would need gloves if you have been quarantining with him and in place? just wash your hands when done like after any other "accident" or kitchen mess. to me gloves would only be needed if someone had a very strange disease and i wasn't keen on catching it. if i'm out of line you can ignore the question...

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Not a piece of TP or Paper towel on the shelf at the store I went to tonight. I walked through to look.

Pasta and rice were low but not out. There was still choices and enough if people aren't jerks.

My shock was the severe lack of tarps. Usually they have a lot of different sizes taking up a whole bay on their own. By product placement around them, the 6 boxes was all they'd carried for a while. I actually missed them on the first pass. I just needed a smaller tarp than what I had at home.

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Pa is threatening that you have to wear masks in your home if there is anyone that is not a normal member of that household or you will be fined.... LIKE WHAT?????
I like @Ridgetops theory in BYH....she is in California..... lock the gates and let the LGD's patrol the fields.... No one in their right mind will cross her fences.... the Anatolians do not like strangers.....
Va is lowering the allowable size of groups from 250 to 25..... again. Mandating hours of restaurants being open, and all that again. It is going to put some more out of business. And the ones that are trying to stay in, the costs of meals is continuing to climb as they are trying to just break even....

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i'm curious why you would need gloves if you have been quarantining with him and in place? just wash your hands when done like after any other "accident" or kitchen mess. to me gloves would only be needed if someone had a very strange disease and i wasn't keen on catching it. if i'm out of line you can ignore the question...
Because we are providing ALL of his day to day medical care. Dressing changes, cleaning feces. He has open wounds and it's standard medical protocol to wear gloves when handling body fluids. Universal precautions.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Data shows that less restrictions = higher COVID activity. Across all states and all types of restrictions.

Virus spread can be controlled by vaccine or human behavior. The only way to preserve healthcare systems and food supply chain system is to control human behavior. If masses of people will not control themselves, and healthcare and food distribution are necessities, what other options are there?

DH's uncle is 4 weeks post open heart surgery, has pneumonia and COVID. He was discharged because the hospital doesnt have enough beds/staff. 😲😣 Rationing healthcare is already happening in WI. People with non-COVID medical need are becoming unable to access healthcare.

Our population needs a massive dose of personal responsibility, but with that lacking we will either be tolerating government restrictions until vaccination rates are sufficiently high or the healthcare and food systems collapse.

Fighting about restrictions is wasting energy. Lets focus the energy on supporting those in the community who are struggling, and being sure that our actions do not contribute to spread of disease.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Data shows that less restrictions = higher COVID activity. Across all states and all types of restrictions.

Virus spread can be controlled by vaccine or human behavior. The only way to preserve healthcare systems and food supply chain system is to control human behavior. If masses of people will not control themselves, and healthcare and food distribution are necessities, what other options are there?

DH's uncle is 4 weeks post open heart surgery, has pneumonia and COVID. He was discharged because the hospital doesnt have enough beds/staff. 😲😣 Rationing healthcare is already happening in WI. People with non-COVID medical need are becoming unable to access healthcare.

Our population needs a massive dose of personal responsibility, but with that lacking we will either be tolerating government restrictions until vaccination rates are sufficiently high or the healthcare and food systems collapse.

Fighting about restrictions is wasting energy. Lets focus the energy on supporting those in the community who are struggling, and being sure that our actions do not contribute to spread of disease.
THIS! Very well said and oh so true. What has happened to people? Where is their personal responsibility? Who cares if somebody TOLD you to wear a mask? Are they so selfish that they would rather someone get ill than for them to put a flippin' piece of fabric or paper over their mouth/nose? They can complain about their personal freedoms being violated all day long and all I see is a selfish person who doesn't care about anyone but themselves. SMH...

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Meanwhile, in California... From the San Francisco Chronicle...

"Gov. Gavin Newsom attended a birthday party for a political adviser last week that included people from several households, the type of gathering his administration has discouraged during the coronavirus pandemic.

The dinner the night of Nov. 6 at the famed French Laundry in Yountville in Napa County brought together at least 12 people to celebrate the 50th birthday of Jason Kinney, a longtime friend and adviser to Newsom who is also a partner at the lobbying firm Axiom Advisors. In addition to the governor, his wife, Jennifer Siebel Newsom, was in attendance.

State guidelines limit gatherings, defined as “social situations that bring together people from different households at the same time in a single space or place,” to no more than three households. Representatives for Kinney and Newsom declined to specify how many households the diners represented, but did not dispute that it was more than three."

As long as the elites keep doing things like this (and Pelosi's hair salon visit earlier) I will have some doubts as to whether the pandemic is as serious as they would have us believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts