Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score

while i admire the sentiment as expressed it's not that accurate to how things actually go.

as a kid we had a black ant colony in the yard and a red ant colony about 50 feet away in the field to the south. during the warmer months, on a semi-regular basis the red ants would raid the black ant colony for slaves. i would get a metal legged chair and plant it next to the black ant colony and watch the action. the black ant colony always lost, but they'd come back. this went on for years.

JanetMarie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
while i admire the sentiment as expressed it's not that accurate to how things actually go.

as a kid we had a black ant colony in the yard and a red ant colony about 50 feet away in the field to the south. during the warmer months, on a semi-regular basis the red ants would raid the black ant colony for slaves. i would get a metal legged chair and plant it next to the black ant colony and watch the action. the black ant colony always lost, but they'd come back. this went on for years.
How interesting! I think ant colonies are amazing, even though I haven't watched them myself like you have. The poor slave ants.

JanetMarie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hey, JanetMarie!!! Good to see you! :frow:hugs

I don't think anyone will be able to say no to the plans they have made...won't have a choice of yes or no, not of you want to live.
You too!:frow

There must be a way out since they're using COVID as a smokescreen, but maybe there isn't a way out now, except to live outside of society.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
You too!:frow

There must be a way out since they're using COVID as a smokescreen, but maybe there isn't a way out now, except to live outside of society.
Yep...and that will only last for a little while. They will demand total conformity and they will get it with force, if necessary. We've already seen that, just over masks and gatherings, wherein the police have gotten involved.

The world is definitely going to get a "great reset" but it won't be the one they are expecting.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I love it that there are still some health care workers with common sense and strength of spine to stand up and say no to this mess.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
https://thefederalist.com/2021/01/08/rip-big-pharma-study-shows-covid-immunity-is-long-las ting/

RIP Big Pharma: Study Shows COVID Immunity Is Long-Lasting

JANUARY 8, 2021 By Jordan Davidson

People who recovered from COVID-19 are likely to have “robust” and “long-lasting” immunity that lasts for years, a new study suggests.

According to research published in “Science,” people who recovered from COVID-19 have a very low risk of reinfection for at least five to eight months following contraction of the virus due to extremely high levels of immunity memory — but now it appears immunity lasts longer.

“There was a lot of concern originally that this virus might not induce much memory,” Shane Crotty, a researcher and a co-author of the paper, noted. “Instead, the immune memory looks quite good.”

After studying the blood samples from approximately 185 people who had previously contracted and recovered from COVID-19, researchers found that contrary to popular belief, 95 percent of participants’ antibodies and T-cell numbers only declined moderately after eight months following the original infection, resulting in longer-lasting immunity. Researchers also found that B-cell numbers, another component of maintaining immunity, remained fairly unchanged or sometimes even grew months after the patient’s recovery from the virus.

According to the study, the immunity memory created by these higher-than-anticipated antibody, T-cell, and B-cell numbers can help the body “restart antibody production and coordinate an attack against the coronavirus” quickly to prevent reinfection and potentially provide immunity for years, as it does with influenza, smallpox, and other diseases. Researchers were also quick to note that the same effect most likely applies to immunity that results from a dose of a COVID-19 vaccine.

One of the limitations of the study is that most people only offered one blood sample, providing only a glimpse into their current immunity. Another limitation is that there remains a small portion of people “with weak immune memory” who might not benefit long-term.

“Immunity varies from person to person, and uncommon individuals with weak immune memory still may be susceptible to reinfection,” Crotty said.

Despite these potential setbacks, researchers expressed hope that between the rollout of the vaccine and growing herd immunity, “durable immunity against secondary COVID-19 disease is a possibility in most individuals.”

Status
Not open for further replies.