Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
glad to hear my cousin got their 2nd shot so they can worry less at work as an ER physician. they are very caring person and anything that would get in the way of them doing their job takes a toll, so glad to hear they have this to worry less about.

i'm not sure yet when they'll have vaccines available for me, but a few months away or longer, we'll see.

cases in our state have reduced down to about 25% of where they were before during the peak in mid-Nov and that has taken the strain off the hospitals.

Last edited:

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So I go to Tractor Supply for horse wormer and it is all locked up. Why? I was told because people are taking it for Covid 19. What? That's crazy.

But y'all know me, and I had to check it out. Turns out that there is ivermectin pills for people! I never knew..... I thought it was just worming treatment for animals! The articles I read were adamant to NOT take the horse wormer, reminding people that it is for a 1200 pound horse. Well DUH! I give it to sheep and pigs. There is measured markers on it for determining weight. Don't worry, I'm not taking horse wormer, apple flavored or not. LOL

This is very interesting, a lot of vitamins and boosting immune systems.

And just because I found this:

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ivermectin has always been used for worms in humans as well. That's why you're not supposed to get it on your skin. Worry that any critters you have in your guts might build a tolerance and then the drug won't work on them. It's also used in many heartworm pills for dogs. Some dog breeds carry the MDR1 mutation that makes it dangerous for them as it will cross the blood brain barrier. I'm very careful with using Ivermectin on the chickens because of my aussie mix.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I use Ivermectin pour on "off label" several times/year to treat my chicken flock for mites. Since, it's off label, they don't have a listed "egg or meat" withdrawal time. But, since it's being used with good success to treat covid in other, more progressive countries, I have no qualms about eating the eggs that are laid "the morning after" or in the following days. I figure, I just might loose a few parasites along the way, and will have my immunity boosted to ward off any covid. Perhaps, based on the latter, I'll also be protected from covid death caused by motor vehicle accidents, being trampled by elephants, or good old influenza.

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
Hey all, we're getting a lot of reports that are all focused on this thread... which is saying a lot since we usually can go months without any reports.

We HATE closing threads, and to avoid doing that with this important thread as long as possible, content of a political nature that is reported will be reviewed and probably removed.
A reminder on the above.

If you see a post you think violates our rules, please report it and do NOT reply publicly. If you really need to discuss something with the poster, or another member, that isn't appropriate for the public forum, you can contact the other member(s) privately.

Status
Not open for further replies.