Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Why are you quarantining her for 2 weeks?
She can't get Covid from the shot, there isn't any whole or live virus in it. The 2 vaccines out there now are the RNA type that teach your body to build defenses against the Corona Virus.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Thanks for asking.

It is recombinant RNA. I don't understand the science behind it, do you? I copied this sentence from one article: mRNA vaccines, however, trick the body into making the viral protein itself which, in turn, triggers an immune response. Out of an abundance of caution, I am doing this for my husband and myself, and my frail Dad. I have read that the covid vaccine will not prevent one from transmitting the virus. And, I've read: even after immunization, those immunized will still be required to wear masks.

And, I pull my response to the whole covid vaccine from my past experiences and knowledge:

1. The Marek's vaccine is an imperfect vaccine. Thus, vaccinated animals can go on to produce increased virulence. Vaccinated animals can infect un-vaccinated animals, even though they may remain asymptomatic. The strain from the Marek's vaccine is much more deathly. Thus, I will never knowingly allow a Marek's vaccinated bird onto my property. I encourage wild turkeys, who carry a less virulent strain of the disease to visit my land, for the benefit of natural immunity that they impart to my flocks. Here's a related article: https://www.pbs.org/newshour/science/tthis-chicken-vaccine-makes-virus-dangerous

2. In the past, when I subjected myself to mandatory flu shots, I would be VERY sick, REPEATEDLY, every single winter after getting the shot. Since I refused the flu shot, I have not been sick. I have reactive airway disease, and my health has been good since refusing the flu shot. Of course the medical profession and big pharma tell us that it's not possible to get the flu from the flu shot. My personal experience says otherwise.

3. When I was in my early 20's, I spent an evening with a friend who had JUST had a measles shot. I caught the measles from her! Scary event, since both she and I were in the "planning to get pregnant" stage. I missed a "pregnant with measles" calamity by one month. Again, it's supposedly not possible to catch the measles from being exposed to some one else's immunization. But, my experience says otherwise.

Now, I realize that keeping a recently immunized care giver out of my home will most likely not prevent me from exposure to immunized people when I am out and about in the community. But, it can protect my Dad from exposure. So... I'll do what I can do, when I can.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Thank you for taking the time to respond to my inquiry.
:hugs (ya, I'm a hugger)

I like to hear other peoples opinions and seem to learn something whenever I ask. There is always another point of view, and many times there are concerns that I hadn't thought of myself.

I talked to my oncologist yesterday and he was concerned that I was not planning on getting a Covid Vaccine as soon as I was able to. I told him that I would prefer to wait for the more conventional type of vaccine, one that is not the RNA one - as I didn't trust it without adequate testing first. He was fine with that, he just wants me to get a vaccine. And, if I can't get the one I want at the doctors office, I am to contact the cancer clinic and they will get the vaccine for me that that I want.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The concern is that the vaccine might be able to make the vaccinated person an asymptomatic carrier because they could catch the disease but be immune to it's ravages themselves.

The Mareks vaccine is Turkey Mareks. It causes a response in chickens to make them immune to the nodules that form and cause nerve damage. Turkey Mareks is must less of a problem than Chicken Mareks. No you shouldn't mix vaccinated and unvaccinated birds because vaccinated ones can catch Chicken Mareks and you never know. Mareks is a disease in which they are lifetime carriers.

You can keep turkeys with your chickens and achieve good results in inoculating your chickens against their Mareks. It was observations from such flocks that lead to the vaccine.

Best course is to try and breed Mareks resistance into chickens. The disease has been slowly mutating and will eventually not be stopped by the vaccine.

I had most of my silkies wiped out about 9 years ago from Mareks. Verified with lab necropsies. Not a single ameraucana or easter egger ever showed signs of it even though they lived together at the time. Silkies as a breed are very susceptible but ameraucana are resistant. The birds are separated now. I had to vaccinate silkies on hatch for years. I've not done so for 2 years now and it's looking ok. I never vaccinated the crosses and they never showed signs.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hubby just shared a post with me this morning about a LOT of people who rec'd the vaccine in an other country IMMEDIATELY getting sick with corona virus. I've also heard reports of people getting AIDS after the immunization.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
mRNA will not give you the virus.

while getting vaccinated if someone giving the vaccine may have the virus and be capable of infecting someone, but from what i've seen most clinics are being run safely. if you show up to get vaccinated and the site is not being run safely, ask to see the director/manager and voice your concerns immediately, or leave and say why you are leaving.

otherwise, no, the mRNA vaccines will not infect you with the virus.

as to issues of the vaccine masking further infections from being noticed or detected.

i have not yet any huge studies (more than 30,000 people enrolled) of reinfection rates, but that one i have seen indicates that there is a very low risk of reinfection (which has been noted already during the pandemic since it started there have not been a huge number of people who have been getting reinfected). no matter if you have the vaccine or not this risk of reinfection exists, but it is not as of yet a major trend.

you can have this same issue of being asymptomatic from any regular infection too along with that then allowing you to be reinfected later and also having that being asymptomatic but still spreading the infection.

here is a video that is recent, and the guy seems mostly reasonable in his analysis here:

Dr John Campbell - Reinfection rate, very low

and no, i don't think he is perfect in all details in some of his other videos and interviews i've watched, but he has a huge library of videos if you are interested in medicine in general too.

Marie2020

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
mRNA will not give you the virus.

while getting vaccinated if someone giving the vaccine may have the virus and be capable of infecting someone, but from what i've seen most clinics are being run safely. if you show up to get vaccinated and the site is not being run safely, ask to see the director/manager and voice your concerns immediately, or leave and say why you are leaving.

otherwise, no, the mRNA vaccines will not infect you with the virus.

as to issues of the vaccine masking further infections from being noticed or detected.

i have not yet any huge studies (more than 30,000 people enrolled) of reinfection rates, but that one i have seen indicates that there is a very low risk of reinfection (which has been noted already during the pandemic since it started there have not been a huge number of people who have been getting reinfected). no matter if you have the vaccine or not this risk of reinfection exists, but it is not as of yet a major trend.

you can have this same issue of being asymptomatic from any regular infection too along with that then allowing you to be reinfected later and also having that being asymptomatic but still spreading the infection.

here is a video that is recent, and the guy seems mostly reasonable in his analysis here:

Dr John Campbell - Reinfection rate, very low

and no, i don't think he is perfect in all details in some of his other videos and interviews i've watched, but he has a huge library of videos if you are interested in medicine in general too.
It was interesting listening to this. I wondered if the people that has had covid will have some form of immunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts