Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Thought police have removed it. Of course, you must realize that they are doing it for your benefit. They don't want you to see anything that might be upsetting... that might make you ask questions.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
thought police is an amusing term, i mostly see it in either religious or political discussions. as someone who is more science oriented it is my own awareness that many who post here who've objected to various policies are not objecting from a science perspective but from a religious and/or political one and while those can inform any discussion, it isn't going to change how i would evaluate the actual arguments (or the quality of the data involved).

a lot of misinformation has been posted in this thread. pointing it out isn't thought policing, it's just pointing out that better information actually does exist and is available to be found for those who care to go looking for it.

with science though, it is always admitted that through time and as more becomes known the information actually has a chance to be improved upon or even changed to reflect the new data that has been collected, but if your idea of good government or public health and science means that there is limited or broken data collection and reporting, well, that's a sign that you really don't want to work at improving things. to me that is a kind of thought control and thought policing which is like sticking your head in the sand at the beach while the tide is coming in.

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
No further spread past that one case in the state here, so lockdown lifted over a week ago and now no mask requirement either :) back to being a lucky place again.

Saw on the news there is another Ebola flare up, Guinea I think. Now that is one I'd get the vaccine for!

Status
Not open for further replies.