Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

RebeccaRN

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I was on BYC a few times and got aggravated with the silliness, stupidity, lack of common sense, lack of practicality, and arrogance of some of them. I have had purebreds and show chickens for over 50 years. Different breeds over the years. Have had alot of sex-link type of layers when I was selling free range eggs. Some of the extremes people go to to "save" a pet hen is beyond me. And some of the advice was way out in left field in my opinion.
BUT.... that is my opinion. So they can do their thing and I will do mine....but I sometimes hate that people that don't know any better go on that site and get "misinformation"..... OH WELL, it is the same with everything, people hear or read one thing and then they believe it without looking for more or other opinions or points of view. I'm as guilty as anyone but have tried more and more to look at different sides and realize that sometimes I am right on with my thoughts, and other times there are some things that I could/should consider from other sides.
There are a few on BYC who havnt drank the kool aid but yes the rest just believe whatever Fauchi and the MSM tell them to believe

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I left there several years ago. Final straw was a young kid who told someone to sit out on a lawn chair at night with a couple of pots. the kid told the poster to bang the pots together when the bear came back to kill the rest of the OP's flock. I called kid to task for giving dangerous advice, and got my hand slapped. Decided right then and there, that I was all done dealing with stupid.

RebeccaRN

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I left there several years ago. Final straw was a young kid who told someone to sit out on a lawn chair at night with a couple of pots. the kid told the poster to bang the pots together when the bear came back to kill the rest of the OP's flock. I called kid to task for giving dangerous advice, and got my hand slapped. Decided right then and there, that I was all done dealing with stupid.
I've seen some pretty demeaning comments toward people who have found a solution that works for them but isn't what the "expert chicken person" felt was correct. They can be vile towards one another

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I started a Christian chicken lovers thread on there that I enjoy with other like minded folks or I would be done with that site too.
Try posting your love of God in other threads and see how fast you get reported. ;) I was told there were designated threads for that kind of talk and it was to remain in those threads. Anywhere else and it would be deleted....and it was. Which is progress....used to you couldn't even have ANY talk of God on that forum, at all, so a designated thread is progress, I guess.

No one tells me when and where I can talk about my own Father. :thumbsup Haven't posted on BYC for years now due to that nonsense.

RebeccaRN

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Try posting your love of God in other threads and see how fast you get reported. ;) I was told there were designated threads for that kind of talk and it was to remain in those threads. Anywhere else and it would be deleted....and it was. Which is progress....used to you couldn't even have ANY talk of God on that forum, at all, so a designated thread is progress, I guess.

No one tells me when and where I can talk about my own Father. :thumbsup Haven't posted on BYC for years now due to that nonsense.
I've made some benign comments on the covid thread about knowing Jesus which keeps me from fear of covid, but so far none deleted. I havnt pushed the envelope to far I guess lol

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score

I had pretty much the experience. My reply: Everything I do, and the way I do it is because of my Christianity. So, it's not possible for me to separate my animal husbandry or my gardening from my God.

Status
Not open for further replies.