Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
All I have right now is vicks. I had some wonderful chest salve, but took it with me on a house sitting venture (for son and DIL) and didn't come back with it. It got lost between their house and my home.

henless

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
@henless we have southern yellow pine. I don’t know if it is one of the preferred species, do you?

It's not on the "do not use" list. I've read that white pine tastes best, but we don't have any around here. Mostly yellow pine, loblolly pine & short leaf pine. I got this info here:

Thank you @GrandmaDeKorte for the link posted. Very interesting reading. :)

Glad you're feeling better LG.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I don’t know loblolly from yellow pine. Guess I need to figure that out……. What about eastern red cedar? My sheep sure go crazy for it.

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I don’t know loblolly from yellow pine. Guess I need to figure that out……. What about eastern red cedar? My sheep sure go crazy for it.

Just a fair warning... Do not get eastern red cedar saw dust in your eye. You'll most likey think your eye is on fire, if you do.

As far as eating and drinking. Well the dried berries are used to flavor gin, but you must go very easy on the berries. too many berries and you'll vomit, most likely projectile vomit 🤮. I don't think I would even enjoy tea made from just a few berries. But I don't like gin either. so it stands to reason.

All that being said... I do grab a few berries fresh off the tree and eat them on occasion and they don't seem to be all that bad. They taste like spicy version of yellow pine tar to me. I guess it's when they are dried out and steeped, is when they don't agree with me.

Now, I'm gonna go read that ERC article Alaskan linked to.

Edit... I wanted to add after reading the article it reminded me. The best way to cook salmon, is on a eastern red cedar plank on the grill. Keep it away from the fire (you don't want to burn the cedar). Flip about 1/2 way through. When served everyone will tell you, that you are a grill master. It is really good. I need some popcorn now. When does this movie end?

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts