COSTUMES!!!

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
Henrietta23 said:
Wildsky said:
Henrietta23 said:
I always wear the same costume, Mom Who Stays Home and Hands Out Candy ;)
But you could be "mom who stays home to scare the poop out of little kids that knock!"
I have donned a witche's hat before. The dogs typically do the scaring. Honestly, we never get more than 12 kids so as much as I love Halloween, I don't put too much energy into it. I now have three kiddos who live around the corner who I know from either school or Cub Scouts, so I might have to do a little something more this year..
We live a little ways out of town, so nobody ever knocks on our door... so we all walk to town and trick or treat with the kids. Loads of fun!

I wish we had more inspiration - our place is the perfect spot for a creepy haunted walk or something.. tree's and stuff. It would be great to decorate the whole place with a path to the door. Oh well.............

I need to remember to turn off the electric fence - just in case. :gig SURPRISE!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Wildsky said:
Henrietta23 said:
Wildsky said:
But you could be "mom who stays home to scare the poop out of little kids that knock!"
I have donned a witche's hat before. The dogs typically do the scaring. Honestly, we never get more than 12 kids so as much as I love Halloween, I don't put too much energy into it. I now have three kiddos who live around the corner who I know from either school or Cub Scouts, so I might have to do a little something more this year..
We live a little ways out of town, so nobody ever knocks on our door... so we all walk to town and trick or treat with the kids. Loads of fun!

I wish we had more inspiration - our place is the perfect spot for a creepy haunted walk or something.. tree's and stuff. It would be great to decorate the whole place with a path to the door. Oh well.............

I need to remember to turn off the electric fence - just in case. :gig SURPRISE!
I remember one year when I was a kid, the town was doing some drainage work next to our house. There's a brook that runs between the house and the one next door. They'd dug a deep pit. The day before Halloween. And left it. ALL the kids cut across there all the time anyway. Now it was going to be Halloween in an area where a hundred kids or more would be walking around. My dad went nuts! Technically it was town property between the houses but he didn't want to take any chances. He got some bright yellow rope and made some stakes. He'd be worried about electric fence too. Our goats are way out back and hopefully no one coming around will go down there. We haven't had problems here in a long time. But I'll worry anyway.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
We stopped doing Halloween a couple of years ago. The trick or treaters were taller than us and dressed as gang members. We didn't dare tell them we were out of candy :rolleyes:
Now we turn off the lights and hide.

We used to really decorate the front of the house too. I loved it.