Countdown to Meat Rabbits: A few pics from planning the colony

BrandedX

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I'd love to try raising rabbits, but the ladies here keeping voting me down. Maybe once the younger two are off to college I'll have a better chance of convince the oldest one. :gig

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
They're worth it if only for fertilizer and selling babies as pets!!

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Yeah I know all about it. Its a progress thing. When we got laying hens, the girls were like gross no. But I said we will do it before its over with. Then we got a few "pet" rabbits and I said Id like meaties one day and again gross no. Well we processed our first meat chickens last spring and did a larger batch this fall, :D and this past year I have worked on building and breeding up a nice hutch of French Lops to breed for meaties, and the first one began her prego period today :D Now she wants rabbit recipes :lol: our irony how hard you bite on their tales :p

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
They're worth it if only for fertilizer and selling babies as pets!!
She speaks the truth as well.....

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
No babes yet, but its just the 28th day. She wont have em till wednesday or thursday when the cold hits :rolleyes:

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
BarredBuff said:
No babes yet, but its just the 28th day. She wont have em till wednesday or thursday when the cold hits :rolleyes:
Isn't that always how it works? :hu

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
BarredBuff said:
Ive done all I can. Hay and shavings in the box, lip on the box, she just has to pull hair and have them. Idk.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
BarredBuff said:
Wannabefree said:
BarredBuff said:
Ive done all I can. Hay and shavings in the box, lip on the box, she just has to pull hair and have them. Idk.
Patience Youngun!! They'll get here soon. ;)

terri9630

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
BarredBuff said:
Keep an eye on them. I had a doe wait and deliver during a storm and by the time I got home from work we had lost 3 to the cold.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
terri9630 said:
BarredBuff said:
Keep an eye on them. I had a doe wait and deliver during a storm and by the time I got home from work we had lost 3 to the cold.
Ohh yeah Ive got experience there :rolleyes: :somad