Country Living Magazine?

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
I have seen a country living type magazine mentioned in many threads...can someone tell me what it is called and where to find it?

I have a little pocket money to blow on whatever I want...I am thinking either the magazine or a good book on SS. Any suggestions?

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Dace said:
I have seen a country living type magazine mentioned in many threads...can someone tell me what it is called and where to find it?

I have a little pocket money to blow on whatever I want...I am thinking either the magazine or a good book on SS. Any suggestions?
That would be Countryside & Small Stock Journal! I am awaiting my new issue with much impatience, as my mom called me to brag that she already has hers! :smack

Here's your online link!

http://www.countrysidemag.com/contactus.html

attack-cat

Power Conserver
Reaction score
There is a magazine called Countyside. We used to get it but changed to Backwoods Home. It's more survival oriented. They have an online site that is excellent. www.backwoodshome.com and you get free books when you subscribe.

For books I highly recommend Carla Emerys book Encyclopedia of County Living. It is excellent! I gave it for Christmas last year. Stocking Up is a good one also.

edited due to stupid mistake

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Any other suggestions? I would like something leaning towards a simpler, more frugal lifestyle, yet I do not have a farm...stuck in suburbia here.

attack-cat

Power Conserver
Reaction score
If you want to get ready to move to a farm I would look at Storeys site and check out their titles. They have excellent books. Then go to Amazon and order them cheaper (sorry to be cheap but every dollar counts).

Before we moved out here I got a basic book in a few categories - butchering, gardening, chickens, goats, basic vet care, basic people health care and first aid, canning, local edible plants, fences, and basic building on barns. I went to Amazon and typed in homesteading and started looking at what came up.

I like magazines since you get to look forward to something in the mail other than bills!

Also I have heard that the TIghtwad Gazette books are excellent! Amazon has them.

If you have a Tractor Supply near you they have a good seelction of books and magazines.

the simple life

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Dace said:

That would be Countryside & Small Stock Journal! I am awaiting my new issue with much impatience, as my mom called me to brag that she already has hers! :smack

Here's your online link!

I have mine too Beekissed! :lol:

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
We subscribed to Countryside & Small Stock Journal about 2 weeks ago, and we are eagerly awaiting our first issue. From reading some of the past articles online, it looks as if it will be great.

Mark

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
the simple life said:
Beekissed said:
Dace said:

Here's your online link!

I have mine too Beekissed! :lol:
Rub it in..... :thun

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
DARN it all!!! :he I could have really used it today.....have the house to myself tonight, warm fire, silence...... and MY CS would have been a welcome addition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rant :duc :thun

Where's the chocolate? :mad: I'm going to have to make up for this somehow!!! :p